Training Drills.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Originally posted by Red_Merkin
oh, and practice;
you gotta do something like 10 000 times to make it a natural instinct. If you did 10 000 individual snap shots, PROPERLY in a row, you'd be a mad killer, you'd just be snap shooting your way thru teams!
that's 10 boxes of paint, at £30 a box?

you could spend £300 on getting a new gun, or spend the money on paint to practice and get good.

i'd add, that snap shooting at targets only is not enough (sort of agreeing with BUrb here).
You have to build the skill up, but basically here's a test for how good you're doing.

have someone post on you from behind a bunker. Now snap out and shoot the target, and snap in again. The guy posting has to try and shoot you only when he sees you. If you're faster than his reflex to pull the trigger, and faster than the paintball comming at you, then you're doing good. The guy snapping out should never get shot, and the guy posting should be getting drilled, if you're snap shooting properly.
The Skill of Snapping is a fine art,

I had some great help from Coling last weekend and watched the SPOD guys (Ericostani and Forldino Sorry bout the spelling) and they are good. They have listened to the Nexus guys, watched them and trainined on it.

I am so far off but was getting the idea behind it, Guess I will see how good I am at the next tourney.

But you really need to train with someone who knows so you know what habits to break and what to take on board.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Originally posted by Red_Merkin
back guys ( a totally bogus concept in the first place IMO)
True enough- I guess the classic (meaning dating back a few years) notion of "these guys play stand-ups in the back and blaze the whole time, these guys run up the field, dive in and snap and duck" has become a less viable approach. Ideally, the whole team starts shooting on the break, continues to dominate by never letting up that pressure, and bumps steadily closer to the opponent while never letting those opponents out to see what is bearing down on them. Front players need to play a bigger roll in laying the paint, shooting as they make more forward primaries, back players need to try to pass their teammates who break deep, and everyone needs to roll their guns all game long. Ninja 'ball is a way to comer back from a disadvantageous position of being behind one's bunker, not shooting at the opponent and moving up the field.

The divisions of front player/back player were maybe more applicable to 10 man than to 7 man or Xball. The fewer players on the field, the more responsibilities start to blur and overlap.

Snap shooting is an important skill, because at least half the time, you won't have the upper hand. Snapping is the way to get the upper hand, by eliminating and putting in opponents.

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Lol! :p

Snap shootin is deffinately an important skill for all playas'. And it does have multiple uses.

Also Kyle, how you gonna shoot someone if your keeping him behind his bunker.

You want to tease him out, then rip his head off :D :cool:

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Haha, I did try! couldnt get it to sound any better :p :D

Kyle is into that sorta thing anyway ;) :p

MikeJones

Banned
Sep 24, 2005
Croatia
Visit site
Running and shooting drills

Here in Croatia we have given up on this skill it is slow,we have been recently practing driving and shooting technique.

the benefits-
speed- you can go faster than your oponants except when in my car as it only has 3 wheels,and upside is if your gun runs outt paintballs you can always just hit them with your car yes.

Using either hand is easy too just wind down window for maximum effects.