Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Training Drills

dextrus

I <3 Cheating!
Sep 3, 2006
Nr lincoln
here is one someone has to get to the 50 snake and only use half the field use 3 people in the drill split in teams and another one is like it but you have to snap shoot a bottle in the snake :) hope this helps

G.Ash

1st Wave
Sep 24, 2007
after you have researched what training drills you want to do, remember that the information sticks alot easier if you make it fun.simple games like grab the flag,(e.g) 2 with guns 4 with out. the 2 armed stay at start gate and just simply sweet spot there mates. whilst rest have to run spending no more than 15 secs at a bunker. or as said above snap shot training, why not use each other as moving targets . constant snap shots on each other, no hiding if you get hit so what carry on doing it,much more fun than snap shooting at a carboard box

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
I don't know how new you or your team are to tournament paintball, but if you're fairly new then they issue is not what type of drills to do, but to make sure you are doing things correctly. Most new teams will need some outside influence to ensure they are not practicing the wrong techniques... a LOT of teams out in paintball training land continuely repeat the same bad techniques over and over again; its a real issue in this sport.

So, if you feel like you would benefit from some outside input then DVDs are a fair start, but real life one-on-one coaching is so much better. The only problem here is that you don't want people who think they know what they are doing teaching you more bad habits. Your best bet is to try to hook up with an international team or GOOD domestic team and see if they will invite you along to a training day and show you the ropes. Or look out for a clinic from a Pro team and attend that - worth there weight in gold (or DVDs)! :)

To provide an example, the guy who has posted above me really shouldn't be offering advice... its the blind leading the blind and not condusive to helping new talent develop at the rate they want and we, as a sport, need.

Gran

London Nexus #32
Sep 3, 2006
simple games like grab the flag,(e.g) 2 with guns 4 with out. the 2 armed stay at start gate and just simply sweet spot there mates. whilst rest have to run spending no more than 15 secs at a bunker.
We never did this @ HSTC :rolleyes:

I best have words and get the programme changed!!

G.Ash

1st Wave
Sep 24, 2007
I don't know how new you or your team are to tournament paintball, but if you're fairly new then they issue is not what type of drills to do, but to make sure you are doing things correctly. Most new teams will need some outside influence to ensure they are not practicing the wrong techniques... a LOT of teams out in paintball training land continuely repeat the same bad techniques over and over again; its a real issue in this sport.

So, if you feel like you would benefit from some outside input then DVDs are a fair start, but real life one-on-one coaching is so much better. The only problem here is that you don't want people who think they know what they are doing teaching you more bad habits. Your best bet is to try to hook up with an international team or GOOD domestic team and see if they will invite you along to a training day and show you the ropes. Or look out for a clinic from a Pro team and attend that - worth there weight in gold (or DVDs)! :)

To provide an example, the guy who has posted above me really shouldn't be offering advice... its the blind leading the blind and not condusive to helping new talent develop at the rate they want and we, as a sport, need.
my point was keep training fun. as you have said you do things over and over, if its repetitive it can become boring

Silky

-Relentless-
Aug 31, 2004
depends what you want out of your training, to have fun or to get better.
you can spend all day training incorrectly and actually do more harm than good, spend an hour with high level players and youll learn more than you can imagine and realise what your doing wrong.

as syd says get yaself a training day with a good team, sanchez and the shock boys were running days trainings, or get along to one of the training clinics, see how the pro's do it then go back and replicate those drills, dont change them, dont try and improve them. just train them as youve ben taught, they play pro for a reason.

unfortunatly alot of people think they know what there talking about in the paintball world, listen to everyones opinions but be careful what you actually put into practice

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
my point was keep training fun. as you have said you do things over and over, if its repetitive it can become boring
Sorry, but fun training is not "good" training. If you're pissing about it's going to be fun but not actually teach you anything.

With any drill you have to break it down into what it actually is going to affect on the field. Snap shooting a box might well be boring but it's how things happen in a game, not having 4 unarmed players running around like headless chickens.

The others are right, Pro clinics, training DVDs and PGi's drill of the month are all good starting points.

It all depends on what you want out of paintball, if you want to actually get better, then it's not fun - but then neither is running 15miles in the dark during winter to run a marathon or swimming 100 lengths before breakfast. It all depends on how serious you actually are. That's not to say you can't say "I just want to have fun" - that's perfectly cool but just don't then expect to be in a position to take on top Pro/Div1 teams at an international event.

So if you're having fun, then just go and play games, piss about, scrimmage, streetball, whatever, it's all cool - but just don't call it training, because it isn't.

Aza0193

Platinum Member
Jun 2, 2007
down under
www.cannockcobras.me.uk
beaker is right having more fun at training can lead to reversing what you have leanrt, a good one for back and front players is have 1 back that can only run to a primary and two front players to take out the back :D