Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Training DVD's

Orifice

N0o0ooo0b
Sep 9, 2004
Manchester, UK
Who rates them? Are they worth the money, is the advice useful? a list could be a good idea! which ones are ideal and for what level of skill are they suitable for?

post the DVD you have seen in this format please, keep it tidy for all the readers out there! remember, review it on the quality and clarity of the information, not how funny it is, or how cool the music is. watching a kick ass superman for no reason doesnt warrant a "priceless" 10/10.

if you think this is a dumb idea, dont post, move on. im just trying to be constructive for all the people out there who dont want to buy before they try.

YOU DONT HAVE TO REVIEW, JUST RECOMMEND IF YOU WANT. its a free world and every opinion counts.

If you want to review a DVD, send a review and ill put it in this thread at the top.

Format:

Title

Contents of DVD What is covered.

Who should watch it - Beginner, beginner-intermediate, intermediate, semi-pro, pro, rec-ballers, woodsball players, team tourni players, forwards, backs, mids, coaches, captains, kids, adolescents, adults, silver-ballers, etc. being vague here is ok.

Quality of information - Is it in depth, comprehensive and GOOD information on the topic at hand? Or is it vague and unfocused? Does it lead players down the wrong path, being counterproductive or give people false-hope?

General Review - How you liked it, what you learned, list general strengths and weaknesses. What makes it unique, what could have been done better, what the DVD missed out, etc.

Rating of content - (1-10) Feel free to justify.

Price and value for money. - (1-10) Link.

Similar DVD's - (if applicable)

i guess if this is done right it could be a great reference thread!

I hope people appreciate this. If you cant give a balanced viewpoint dont post. Be balanced and unbiased as possible please. pb review is far too untrustworthy in reviews and lacks them for training DVD's.

-------------------------

Reviewer - Dusty

Title - Dynasty Dysected

Contents of DVD - All of the guys on the team run you through, how to hold your gun, proper stance, practise drills and such like activities.

drills covered are, snap shooting, running and shooting, bunkering, coordinated movements, wrapping your bunker, back man drills, bunkering and others which escape my memory at this present time!!

Who should watch it - New Tourney Players

Quality of information - I found this dvd to be good information although it maybe doesn't go into too much detail on various aspects, presumably to pave the way for future episodes.

General Review - would like to have seen more detail on some of the sections however overall a great DVD for beginner tournament players.

I would recommend it for most people to see.

Rating of content - strictly my own opinion but if you have never played tourney ball i would highly recommend it ie 9/10 if you are a regular or more experienced tournament player i think you could afford to give it a miss ie 6.

Price and value for money. - Price - I paid £20 back in the day but i think it has come down a bit now. bought it watched it and sold it so overall cost me about £6

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Dynasty Dysected

I found this dvd to be good information although it maybe doesn't go into too much detail on various aspects, presumably to pave the way for future episodes.

All of the guys on the team run you through, how to hold your gun, proper stance, practise drills and such like activities.

drills covered are, snap shooting, running and shooting, bunkering, coordinated movements, wrapping your bunker, back man drills, bunkering and others which escape my memory at this present time!!

would like to have seen more detail on some of the sections however overall a great DVD for beginner tournament players.

I would recommend it for most people to see.

Price - I paid £20 back in the day but i think it has come down a bit now. bought it watched it and sold it so overall cost me about £6

Rating - strictly my own opinion but if you have never played tourney ball i would highly recommend it ie 9/10 if you are a regular or more experienced tournament player i think you could afford to give it a miss ie 6.

hope this helps.............

Orifice

N0o0ooo0b
Sep 9, 2004
Manchester, UK
Nicky T's DVD is for people who are VERY new to the game, a couple of months under your belt would ensure you wouldnt learn anything new, its mainly the basics

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Only if it's Extreme Dodgeball :p

Anyway Nicky - seeing as how you are very rich and famous (like all paintballers of course ;)) - how about donating a copy of said DVD to Mikey's forum battle?