Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Simon Malone
What are you saying, more like a business and less like a social club:confused:

Hey Si,
nooooo, u have to realise that if you want to start climbing the Paintball ladder, your team has to have the infrastructure to accommodate it all.
Training schedules need to be arranged, training has to be developed and organised.
Basically you have to pretty much plan the year ahead, choose whatever tourneys you wanna play, allocate days for training and so on.
Now this organisation can't be cast in stone but it also can't be so ad hoc to the point where its just a frikkin mess.
Getting better is all about the three T's............ Training, Training and Training.
Pete

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Budgeting can also help.

We worked out that with training and 4 millenium events it should cost around £250 per person per month. knowing the cost should allow you to concentrate on playing.

Just my half pennoes worth :rolleyes:

Paul.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Not that id wanna agree with Robbo over anything;);)...

But its very true, too many people turn up at some local tourney once a month, smackdown some novice teams, and call that practise!
My paint deal isnt HUGE, but still manage to practise everyweek by just working on the old skool essential skills and perfecting new stuff that I learn at team training. The 2 week xmas break leaves me feeling out of step already:(
It all depends on what you want from this game, if you want to have a laugh, win some lose some, then dont expect anything in the way of results. If you have the drive to win, to be the best, then your halfway there.
Im not saying nobody has this attitude, but team success means a similar kind of motivation from all members, which is hard to find..

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
Originally posted by Robbo
Hey Si,
nooooo, u have to realise that if you want to start climbing the Paintball ladder, your team has to have the infrastructure to accommodate it all.
Training schedules need to be arranged, training has to be developed and organised.
Basically you have to pretty much plan the year ahead, choose whatever tourneys you wanna play, allocate days for training and so on.
Now this organisation can't be cast in stone but it also can't be so ad hoc to the point where its just a frikkin mess.
Getting better is all about the three T's............ Training, Training and Training.
Pete
OK cool, so I guess the next question is......what sort of time scale are we looking at here. For Nexus it's going to be pretty quick, all experienced players, etc. Was it a long learning curve for the Russians:confused: I'm guessing two to three years for a team made from scratch.

Matski if you guys ever want to come down to Diablo Maidenhead for some practice let me know. Were looking for a team better than us to give us a kicking in preperation for the Millennium.

Laters,

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Simon Malone
OK cool, so I guess the next question is......what sort of time scale are we looking at here. For Nexus it's going to be pretty quick, all experienced players, etc. Was it a long learning curve for the Russians:confused: I'm guessing two to three years for a team made from scratch.
Laters,
Si, just because we got great players on the team don't mean we have got some assured fast track to paintball excellence although I do agree we will get there faster than say a team who has less able players.
Our team line up has some experienced players on it but certainly not all, most of the guys were amateur and novice remember.
But when I started out with Nexus, I knew the first thing I had to do was to de-construct all of their games before I could even begin to start building them back up again to what was needed.
I think the process, leastwise as far as we are concerned, won't be finished for at least another year; at the end of this season, we will pretty much be where we wanna be.
We all knew it was going to be a long road and there ain't no short cuts, believe me.
Si, for any team out there, significant results could be achieved in a year, it's all about dedication, commitment, direction and the ability of the players to listen and respond to what they have been taught.
It's all out there for anybody if they have the inclination, I know its harder for some teams for obvious reasons, but it is achievable.
Good Luck !!
Pete

TAZ76

RESIDUE DOGZ
Apr 26, 2002
london
Visit site
sponsership

it is not all about sponsership which so many people have put down here.

it is about commitment like a few peeps have said if you do not have commitment then u will get nowhere and still be playing ( hick tourney's as robbo called them) till u are 45 and too old to get anywhere in the sport.

i am 26 now still a bit old i know but i love the sport and due to our team not having even one sponser as yet we show our commitment when we practice as much as possible and are looking to enter as many millennium events this season as possible.
(lisbon,the dam,toulose and campaign are already in our diary's)

i am also overweight but always battling to beat that problem and my fitness is getting better we do drills and enter very few small tourneys and i hear u all say but who are ya we haven't even heard of you trust me our team will be up there this year in the novices i promise u that and then people will know our name.

we put all our spare time and money into paintball and that is commitment and as for the training techniques like someone else said earlier share the knowledge robbo please as we all need some help.

regards and best wishes for this season folks,

taz(the jiiin one):eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
sponsership

Originally posted by TAZ76
we put all our spare time and money into paintball and that is commitment and as for the training techniques like someone else said earlier share the knowledge robbo please as we all need some help.
taz(the jiiin one):eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Taz, the article I'm writing now (next month's) for PGI will probably have all you need but you must understand, I can 't share everything because I gotta keep something back for Nexus :)
Robbo