Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Trying (again) to get into the sport

Sharpe_95

Mar 16, 2011
Hi guys,
So, here i am again about two years later, still trying to get into the sport. Now my baby is a bit older and I have moved, I feel like I can give it another try. This but still could do with a little help from those who know ;)

My hope is to get into Rec-Ball and/or Woodsball, initially just casually (probably with some friends from work) but hopefully more regularly and competitively (if there is such a thing as competitive Woodsball/Rec-Ball). I expect to play probably once every month, perhaps once every 3 weeks or so.

My hope would be to purchase a few bits to go with the hobby (probably after going to a couple of rec-ball sessions and getting a feel for things), so mask, maker, air etc Could anyone suggest a good marker for Rec-Ball or Woodsball? I have a preference for a marker with a 'military feel' to it (where possible). I am looking at the DyeDam (yes I know its expensive, but I dont mind providing its rugged, reliable, durable and works well). I once saw a conversion kit for (I think) the ETEK (or similar) that basically put a more military shell around a more typical paintball marker, but cant seem to find it. These are examples the 'type' of marker I would be looking for - can anyone make any suggestions or recommend something (one of the two above mentioned or something similar)?

I live in Reading and would like to try and keep travel to no more than about an hour or so from Reading in any direction but would like a recommendation for any sites that do good rec-ball and/or Woodsball. Also if there are any teams/clubs in the Berkshire area that are interested in taking on a noobie, it would be great to hear from them too!

Any help out there?

Many thanks,

-Sharpe

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A good gun for paintball is a good gun in the woods, the 'best' design being speedball style which has the ergonomics, and they are also better in the woods then longer 'real' style woodland guns

But this is a definate 'do as I say, not as I do' situation as I play with whatever I feel like playing with, and i can be seen with anything among pistols, speedball, pumps, standard woodsball and full size rifles
You should do the same - play with what you want to play with

The kit you have seen will be the EMC body for the Etha, which can also be modified around a variety of guns

Most woodsball designs haven't changed much internally and are typically basic mechanicals inside, even if it's a new 'fancy' magazine feed etc

I also have a dye dam which gives many choices from big rifle hopper feed, magazine feed or can be striped down to a speedball style
Pricey but a lot of choice and a modern system inside

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Hello Fella, as it happens , I run a woodsball site not far from you > Most Saturdays at OX13 6AD , in fact it`s on your doorstep ?? anything from 6 - 80 people come at a time, SO Please Pm me for details, before you join Any team as such, lets see what you`ve got in you ??
It`s also Homebased for the Teams = Care Bears UK = " Bearsville "

thomasbear

Aug 12, 2014
Milton keynes
Welcome to the sport and good luck with where ever you go in it. I recently got into the sport about a year ago.
1.Is find a site that allow you to bring your own kit and that run walk ons (own gun and equipment days) as this will give you a good look at a verity of kit and equipment to decide what is right for you.
2. Look at the second hand market for kit unless you now for sure your going to be on the scene for awhile. As you can get a lot of kit as new for a fraction of the cost.
3. An paintball is your day to have fun so don't worry about anyone else make sure you get out of it what you want out of it

Best of luck to you.

Sharpe_95

Mar 16, 2011
Hi guys been on holiday since I posted. Thanks for the tips and advice.

@Bluey - I'll drop you a pm soon, once I am unpacked etc.

Can anyone that plays in the Reading/Basingstoke/Farnborough/Newbury/Didcot type of areas PM me or post below. Looking to find out what's on where and when in the area.

Ta,

-Sharpe