Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tune machine vapor

Icepick

Jan 10, 2014
Bournemouth
Hey my friend just got a 2012 machine vapor and is looking to tune it up does anyone have any tips for him? Any help greatly appreciate

Thanks

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
Bluntly, you can't.

Does it work? If yes, keep it that way by lubing it properly and keeping a copy of the manual at hand. Don't screw with a Vapor - they tend to be very very picky about when they want to work. If it begins to stutter/not fire - relube & increase a dwell by a tiny amount. Or just don't use it in Autumn/Winter/Spring.

Icepick

Jan 10, 2014
Bournemouth
Bluntly, you can't.

Does it work? If yes, keep it that way by lubing it properly and keeping a copy of the manual at hand. Don't screw with a Vapor - they tend to be very very picky about when they want to work. If it begins to stutter/not fire - relube & increase a dwell by a tiny amount. Or just don't use it in Autumn/Winter/Spring.
Hey thanks for the advice. He has it shooting fine. He just read some forums in us saying if you make these certain adjustments on the board they shoot even more accurate. I will let him know not to mess with it. He needs to download a manual then. What lube would you recommend? Thanks

gommie404

gommie404
Sep 29, 2008
london
ok the vapor,, i was given a vapor to sort all the problems out,, with there prodution..and get rid of all the problem or find out why they had problems,,

and its comes down to this,, some of the orings are metric and some are imperial.
and there all the same black rubber type oring,,

so if you strip it and you dont know this its very easly to put the wrong ones in the wrong place... the vape i was given just worked and worked,, in fact i gave it to davy as well to see if he could get it to sod up but no its just worked,, on and on,,

most problem i find are when the players has taken the gun apart..

next tiune up,, phew where do you want to start,,, the sky is the limit..
but i would need the gun here at the workshop..

or just use it and keep it clean and lubed,,ps you need tons of lube..a pea shaped blob will do 99% of markers out there,,

next tune up,, get rid of the black rubber orings they have way to much friction.
and cost it terms of energy,

hope this helps,, i like the vapor,, its good looking and a nice shape,, well made with good billet alloy,, and i just kind of like the shape,,

Icepick

Jan 10, 2014
Bournemouth
ok the vapor,, i was given a vapor to sort all the problems out,, with there prodution..and get rid of all the problem or find out why they had problems,,

and its comes down to this,, some of the orings are metric and some are imperial.
and there all the same black rubber type oring,,

so if you strip it and you dont know this its very easly to put the wrong ones in the wrong place... the vape i was given just worked and worked,, in fact i gave it to davy as well to see if he could get it to sod up but no its just worked,, on and on,,

most problem i find are when the players has taken the gun apart..

next tiune up,, phew where do you want to start,,, the sky is the limit..
but i would need the gun here at the workshop..

or just use it and keep it clean and lubed,,ps you need tons of lube..a pea shaped blob will do 99% of markers out there,,

next tune up,, get rid of the black rubber orings they have way to much friction.
and cost it terms of energy,

hope this helps,, i like the vapor,, its good looking and a nice shape,, well made with good billet alloy,, and i just kind of like the shape,,
Hi thanks for all the advice. What work shop do you work at? So I can tell him incase he has any issues ge can send it in to you?

Thank you

gommie404

gommie404
Sep 29, 2008
london
workshop?? er gommies workshop,,,well used to,, untill my new building gets put back up,,

heres my you tube channel buddy its under my name gommie404
any thing you need to know just ask,,

Icepick

Jan 10, 2014
Bournemouth
workshop?? er gommies workshop,,,well used to,, untill my new building gets put back up,,

heres my you tube channel buddy its under my name gommie404
any thing you need to know just ask,,
Thanks very much for that. He would like it serviced up and those o rings changed. What sort of price would something like that be?
Cheers

gommie404

gommie404
Sep 29, 2008
london
i was with luxe,, but thats all over now,, i did have my own machine shop down in greenwich but the building burnt down,,, im so lucky..

im still waiting for my new workshop tyo be rebuilt,, god its takes ages,,

but its gommies workshop,, i have to tech in my spare room at the moment..
but a service is like 30 quid with the return post,, how ever,, i dont carry orings for the vapor,,
im all smartparts and the luxe,,, but i may have orings that fit,,

now a service is a oring chnage on a gun thats working,, i clean lube and replace orings on a service,,
and check the gun out,,
i have nearly 30 years behind me of doing this kind of thing,,so most of the time i can find orings to fit,,

but like i say,, i had that vapor,, and it just worked and worked,, no matter what we did it carried on working,,
it even went though a fire,,< my workshop >but it was in my walk in gun safe, still it got pretty hot,,
its came out of the rubble,,i gas it up and presto it just fired away,,

the only thing i could find odd about the vapor was the orings being metric and imperial, and all the same colour, black dont help.

Icepick

Jan 10, 2014
Bournemouth
i was with luxe,, but thats all over now,, i did have my own machine shop down in greenwich but the building burnt down,,, im so lucky..

but a service is like 30 quid with the return post,, how ever,, i dont carry orings for the vapor,,

now a service is a oring chnage on a gun thats working,, i clean lube and replace orings on a service,,
and check the gun out,,
i have nearly 30 years behind me of doing this kind of thing,,so most of the time i can find orings to fit,,

but like i say,, i had that vapor,, and it just worked and worked,, no matter what we did it carried on working,,
it even went though a fire,,< my workshop >but it was in my walk in gun safe, still it got pretty hot,,

the only thing i could find odd about the vapor was the orings being metric and imperial, and all the same colour, black dont help.
What a nightmare that is. That's pretty good to know. Could you give me your address so he can get it sent in as soon as possible probably in a couple of weeks time. Could you tune it a bit too while you have it if possible? Thanks

darkfirepheonix

Paintball/Electronics Tech
Dec 5, 2011
Ipswich

and check the gun out,,

Gommie, The odd sizes o-rings on the 2012 Vapor are the Sail and the Bolt Guide O-rings. All the others appear to be standard sizes. The ones I run in mine are 10.5x2 on the bolts guide and 15x2 on the Sail.
If you blue print up some better fitting o-rings give me a shout as I'm sure i will take some off your hands.