Types of guns

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
Originally posted by gyroscope
Christ on a stick.

yeah happened about 2000 years ago...read it in the paper

so almighty skeet are thee torturing me for requesting devine knowledge?

my quest is for the Mq valve, what path must i take for me to gain the power that is no kick to my half block

:D

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
Ohhh Rob - careful - Some Vegetarian Doo gooder that throths at the mouth at "points of view" will deem you as politically incorrect and comdemn you to hell along with Jerry Springer the musical....:D

Anyhow Its all very good and well watching that sowing machine belt away at that speed - but its proven that open bolt is cleary quicker - Well see what the G7 can belt out when she finally surfaces.

But never the less sit behind a barricade and welt that ammount of paint out at a back can at the next PA and one spot on Judge will rip your arm off for the 15bps ruling - Were going like formula 1 (rules and regulations slow it down for safety reasons)

I was reading something (think it was in the Sun as thats about as literate as i get) that if regulations had not slowed formula 1 Down - advance aerodynamics and complex Built engines could of made a formula 1 Cars Travel at 290mph - F1 cars due to regulations on tyres and Aerodynamics manage just over 200mph.

I think this is a point were paintball is gonna slowly go backwards (not that that too much of a bad thing anyhow)

fuzzy juzzy

Registered Abuser
Feb 23, 2005
hertfordshire
Originally posted by John C
The angel is very underrated, especially the old ones. The fact that an old angel LCD can cycle as fast (and in our tests faster) than a timmy proves this...

How does that work then?
Or did you just make it up???
underated my ass... as a doorstop maybe!!!

by softer i meant easier on the paint and will shoot any paint that isn't old crap of a site!!!

Originally posted by Skeetmaster
Thats some great maths there matey...I had too much wine at dinner, so Im not about to try and argue it...all I can say, is tha you made one or two assumptions there...I have to make teh assumption, that the makers of the video, were telling the truth about A) The Cyclic rate and B) Not breaking any paint in the barrel. That said...I could be wrong about teh catching up bit, and possibley it is more likely that some paint is fracturing apon exiting the barrel.

Apparently, a barrel is required to be 6 inches long, or there abouts, to fully acelerate a paintball..so, would the ball not be slowing down by the time it leaves the barrel?

Do we know the rate of deceleration, in a given environment, of a paintball?

Are we working on the presumption, that the poorly fitting ball, is being struck by a well fitting ball..or the other way around?

Anyway...fact of the matter is... the gun was spitting out old crappy paint, at (apparently) 36 BPS, and not chopping it..regardless of if the paint was breaking in the barrel...also, the gun was being tested, not played with...so perhaps it was shooting at 300fps? Not that this would make any differnence to John C's calculations.

I find Cockers to be very consistent, and efficient...it really does make a difference if the gun has been set up correctly.

The ball would be decelerating, but only an almost insignificant amount. Otherwise changing to a shorter barrel would give an increase in fps, which doesnt happen.

My point was, that even at 36bps the time taken for a ball to leave the barrell is insignificant in comparison to the time taken to load the ball, therefore balls will NEVER meet in the barrel.

I am not trying to suggest that the makers of the video are lying only that they(or you) are misinterpreting what is actually happening.

What I do know is loading paintballs at 30bps is a big trauma to the ball. This is going to increase the likelihood of the ball breaking when it is fired. And at 36bps there is NO difference between a cocker and any other gun. This is because you need the LPR set very high to cock the gun at these speeds, and hte ability to set the LPR really low is one of the only good things about a cocker...

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Originally posted by Scars
A Closed bolt will always be lighter on paint - as the bolt dont touch the ball - Cockers are one (but see above for Cons) and excaliburs (fairly heavy and ugly but without above problems)
Excsqueeze me? If the bolt doesn't touch the ball, how the hell does it get loaded into the barrel? Magic Elves?

Originally posted by fuzzy juzzy
underated my ass... as a doorstop maybe!!!

by softer i meant easier on the paint and will shoot any paint that isn't old crap of a site!!!

Scars he is talking about the ego not the cocker...

The ego and the angel share the same system for firing paintballs, a low pressure driven cocking system, where the bolt is linked to the 'rammer' and driven into a poppet valve.

So apart from your ill informed preconception, tell me why the two guns are any different in terms of ablity to shoot brittle paint...

Because in our tests all the 'rammer' guns were equally gentle on paint...

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
Well ball pushes against top of bolt and then when bolt moves back releases air and ball falls into breach - so technicly i am wrong saying bolt isnt touched by ball - Rephrased at ball isn't belted by the face of the bolt unlike open bolt markers.

This is gonna clearly have an effect on brutallity on paint - ill use a typical example between my viking and excalibur - the excalibur is lighter on the paint and also less turbulant on the ball meaing especially with crap paint it tends to stay on course instead of spiral all over the place.

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
jesus h christ on a larger stick than the afformentioned one ian!!

stop comparing everything in the world to your viking and exalibur

the way a cocker loads a ball into the breach is as so

bolt rests in forward position
ram pushes bolt back

in that instance the gun is recocked and a paintball drops into the breach

then the breach closes (bolt pushes the ball into the ready position)

then as soon as you hit the trigger and start the cycle again air is released to fire the ball and start the cycle again

sorry for all you guys who know how it all works but some people just need to be told.