Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Uk National Paintball league

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Right first off id only like sensible replies to this thread, no one sarky one liners.

I'm looking for peoples views on 1 UK paintball league.

PA, Masters, NSPL combined.

Played all around the uk

Divisions similar to the millenniums

What id like to be discussed is if you think it could work, pro's and con's on such idea and if you actually think it would help or hinder UK ball

Please try and keep all replies as sensible as possible, Russ, Wendy and Syd your replies would be more then welcomed.

Thanks

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
I think its a good idea in principal, but the actual application of such an event would be difficult, for instance you would need to look at which venues to use, im sure a few teams cant afford to travel great distances so a lot of teams that normally play events such as the Koth in the masters may not be able to play if expenses rose. I think Maybe one leauge (like the premiership of paintball) with a few local leagues would work well, but it all comes down to funding and managment if something like this will ever happen

My ideas anyway

Sid

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
This IMO would be a huge step in taking UK paintball forward, granted the location would have to be chosen well to accomodate the extra people I would immagine that would turn upto each event.

It would give teams a chance to realy know where they are in comparision to the rest of the UK, and hopefully encourage people to train more, and real improove their game.

As for rules, I take it that it would be Millenium style, I like Xball format myself but how would you decide on the rules? Cost? Ramping allowed? If so, on semi are u allowed to go over 15bps if your good enough? All these things to be taken into consideration, and, at the end of it who will be the main organisers?

When you say played all around the UK, I take it that it would be done as a touring style tournament, with stops at multiple places for the events.

All in all, a good idea, IF its organised well, and it would definately bring UK paintball forward in the world. However if it failed, then I suppose it could do a lot of harm, especially if the other tournaments stopped running to only do this event.

Its a 2 Edged blade, and it realy just comes down to the organisers as to which direction it swings.

Yes the teams will play a pretty major part, but I think that if this idea was to take off then the other tournaments would have to stop / slow down, so that teams could adapt to the new tournament setup. I recon however 90% of teams would support it, due to the potential benefit to the UK paintball community it would have.

Bon

Ginja

Dyslexic Brians
Feb 12, 2006
Reading
Visit site
In my opinion this would hinder the growth of the sport as new players would have yet another barrier (travelling). I am south based so enter in NSPL mainly because I live 5 mins from the Reading events. We find it hard enough trying to get a full team to events most likely because we are a new team but if we were attempting to get teams together to travel for 5+ hours I think we would be turning up with 2 players or something stupid.

I am sure teams in the higher divisions would be more than happy with this and also those who see the prospect of booking in a hotel an extra day away from the family fun. But for myself and I am sure a lot of lower division teams this would not be cool.

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
good thinking batman

problems could obviously occur when mixing rule sets, or trying to agree common terms.

as will attempts to find common ground, this could involve a lot of travelling for people up north to down south, or vice versa (yes i know thats not spelt right...).

those would be the main theoretical set-backs.

in practise i think you would create a larger media awareness of the sport itself, but could get player drop-off to begin with, what with being put-off by travelling more and more; maybe this would crop down the community a bit?! but in the long run, you should get more people into it, through the media as already stated.

I'm not really sure the UK is ready for this, but I'm sure robbo will come along and talk about that :)

great idea, but don't think it'll come around for a while mate. and there really is no need for a sarky response to this, if people open their eyes then they'll see this would be a good move, even if it takes a while to orchestrate.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Travel costs and so on are a major problem with getting the league nation wide. I think the only way round this might be to have it a bit like they do with the NFL. Have a North and South league within the main league then at the end of the season the winners of each division play off in a grand finale tournament. This I think would be fantastic if it could be organised!

In terms of rules I think it would be a good step forward to have the league as Xball (CPL style). Everyone always talks about having to change from one format to another(7man-xball) but when the Millennium changed the top divison to Xball teams just changed their training a little and adapted!

This style of league could also help to attract some of the international team across not necessarily for the whole season but certainly one offs, similar to how X5 in germany has.

The only thing that could stop this in my view is getting who ever is going to run it (perhaps a board format of the current UK tournament organisers) and getting them all to agree on rules, venues, etc etc etc.

I can but hope that something might come of this as I would love to see one major league for the UK.

darren maskell

The Ghandi Man
Jul 17, 2003
lincolnshire
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
That would help the uk seen as if you used the millenium rules and kept the costs to the same as local leagues ie entry paint and air, top teams would play as if the fomat was the same theyed play as it would help for the milleniums.Like said above the travil costs would hinder most teams but if it was good enough then they would not think of the cost of the travil and accomidation as much i no i would'nt.But hey thats my 10p worth.:D

emopikey

Feb 14, 2006
gd idea

i think its a gd idea but would show wgat teams are really commited in what there doing and im not sure if there is enough yo make it work but i would think something similar to the mileniums is a great idea cos thats what were practicing for isnt it ? hope something gd comes of this

You said no one liners but I am too X-massed to write too much:

1. PA... No thanks! Too small and too un-important to matter in the UK scene.

2. NSPL one of the best series in the UK. Syd has always tried to push the sport forward and always come up with great ideas!

3. UK Masters...Wendy and Co make sure you get a wicked day balling for your money with good teams accross the board!

Bury the PA please! Thank you!