The Home Of European Paintball

UK University Paintball Championships

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
dip said:
hi there steve .... been reading up on this thread and dead interested in getting a bristol uni team in there.

soc has just formed and we'll be looking into playing lots of airball =D

just a query though ... how did people get on with the 1 hopper and 1 pot paint limit??
That is great news! :) I'm always glad to hear that a new club is starting up. I've been hearing about another couple of clubs starting which should bring us up to 15-16 or so. If you guys are keen to do a bit of competitive paintball, you might be interested inthe league we are putting together for next season. I'm sorting out the details at the moment and will be publishing them shortly. But there will be 4 rounds spread over the second half of the autumn term and the spring term, plus the championship at the end of the spring term.

Are you in touch with UWE's paintball club? I think they are planning to enter the league, so you guys might be able to buddy up for training, and cut your transport costs by sharing a minibus.

Regarding the limited paint at the championship: Some of the more experienced players found it was a bit tricky but over all it wasn't much of an issue, and it did allow the newer teams a bit more of a chance to get into the games though, which was the idea. The league won't be limited paint though.

The idea is to use the championship to introduce new teams to competitive paintball. And those who want to take it further can enter the league, which will hopefully be a highly competitive enviroment that will drive up the standard of play.

dip

Bristol
Mar 4, 2006
Bristol
Visit site
sounds like a plan steve!!! yep, in touch with monk from UWE and we're going to try sort out some bi weekly training to get them drills hammered in =D

keep up the good work steve!! shall be definitely seeing me in that league =p=p

Steve Hancock said:
That is great news! :) I'm always glad to hear that a new club is starting up. I've been hearing about another couple of clubs starting which should bring us up to 15-16 or so. If you guys are keen to do a bit of competitive paintball, you might be interested inthe league we are putting together for next season. I'm sorting out the details at the moment and will be publishing them shortly. But there will be 4 rounds spread over the second half of the autumn term and the spring term, plus the championship at the end of the spring term.

Are you in touch with UWE's paintball club? I think they are planning to enter the league, so you guys might be able to buddy up for training, and cut your transport costs by sharing a minibus.

Regarding the limited paint at the championship: Some of the more experienced players found it was a bit tricky but over all it wasn't much of an issue, and it did allow the newer teams a bit more of a chance to get into the games though, which was the idea. The league won't be limited paint though.

The idea is to use the championship to introduce new teams to competitive paintball. And those who want to take it further can enter the league, which will hopefully be a highly competitive enviroment that will drive up the standard of play.

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Chris110986 said:
Are there any teams from Southampton or Portsmouth in this? im at winchester and cant get any one interested!!

would love to get involved!

thanks
chris
Both Portsmouth Uni and Southampton Uni's have clubs, and are planning on entering the league next year. However you wouldn't be able to play for them in the league as it will be limited to students currently registered at the institution.

It can be tricky to get the club started. I think it is best to try and get them involved through recball as it is more accessable, and then introduce them to tourney.

BiscuitBoy

Apr 20, 2004
Visit site
I've read the first and last pages of this thread and I'm really interested in either playing in, or getting a team organised from Leicester uni...

Is there a team already involved? If not, how do I go about getting the uni involved etc?

Thanks! :D

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
BiscuitBoy said:
Is there a team already involved?
We haven't had a team from Leicester at any of the Uni events. I seem to remember Leicester Wildcats trying to help them get a team going, but not getting much interest.

BiscuitBoy said:
If not, how do I go about getting the uni involved etc?
Start a club at your uni. Focus on recball to get people involved, its more familiar and accessable and less daunting. Once you've got people recballing, do a trip with the morning recballing and the afternoon on a sup'air field. If you can, get hold of some tourney players to come down to show there kit off and do a demo game. And then let your players have a go. By the end of the afternoon you should have enough interested in tourney paintball to have enough players to bring along take them along to an event. Depending on how long all this takes you, you next March's University Paintball Championship would a good first tourney.

Let me know if you have any more questions. :)