Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UKM - 20th January 08 - Combat Zone, Lincoln

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
reffing was great all day on most fields, only had 1 incident on field 1 which lost us a game but we still got 1st so i dont mind :D
other game we played on field 1 was fine
dont remember any 'inccidents' to be honest....i only banned 3 guns all day, hardly anything worth calling an incident happened all day

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
They werent the woarse ref's of the day in my eyes, but they defiently could have done with getting more invovled... In the matches we played they werent getting in to check players and were just watching from the side lines... Keep it up tho
you see the trick to efficient reffing is to work as a team (more so than playing sometimes)
quite oftern i watch a game and see refs running the full length of the field to pull players out...and yes that ref is working his ass off, unfortunalty it also meens that the others refs are slacking and he is covering for them.

the correct way to ref a 5 man game with 5 refs is to split the field into quarters and 4 refs each take one quarter, they stand in a position that allows them to see the outside of players near them and the inside of players near the other ref at their end of the field....then when they see a hit they are only 15ft away from the near players at most (back centre bunker) and can signal to the opposite ref to pull his players as needed....it may apear that we are 'just watching from the side lines' but that is the most efficient place to stand to make sure that someone is watching both sides of all players at all times. the 'zone' refs are not watching the game at all they are concentrating on the players they are marking. The 5th ref is the ultimate who is watching the other refs as well as the game as a whole, that way if a player runs down a tape he can watch to see which ref signals first knowing that both sides of the players are being watched. Try watching the refs on a field at your next tournie, are they working as a team or are one or two of them busting their asses and the others scratching theirs?
A good ref will go in to check a player when needed but if their opposite has already told them the hit is there...why get shot?

Ion_Paintball

Beam me up Scottie
Mar 13, 2007
Sheffield
I understand that dont get me wrong... i dont agree with these refs that throw themselves about etc, just when we called for checks and that kind of thing you didnt seem to get in there and do anything just watch form the side and let them rub as happened in our game

pid

blah blah blah
Aug 27, 2005
in the thick of it
Visit site
you see the trick to efficient reffing is to work as a team (more so than playing sometimes)
quite oftern i watch a game and see refs running the full length of the field to pull players out...and yes that ref is working his ass off, unfortunalty it also meens that the others refs are slacking and he is covering for them.

the correct way to ref a 5 man game with 5 refs is to split the field into quarters and 4 refs each take one quarter, they stand in a position that allows them to see the outside of players near them and the inside of players near the other ref at their end of the field....then when they see a hit they are only 15ft away from the near players at most (back centre bunker) and can signal to the opposite ref to pull his players as needed....it may apear that we are 'just watching from the side lines' but that is the most efficient place to stand to make sure that someone is watching both sides of all players at all times. the 'zone' refs are not watching the game at all they are concentrating on the players they are marking. The 5th ref is the ultimate who is watching the other refs as well as the game as a whole, that way if a player runs down a tape he can watch to see which ref signals first knowing that both sides of the players are being watched. Try watching the refs on a field at your next tournie, are they working as a team or are one or two of them busting their asses and the others scratching theirs?
A good ref will go in to check a player when needed but if their opposite has already told them the hit is there...why get shot?
Amen brother !!

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
I understand that dont get me wrong... i dont agree with these refs that throw themselves about etc, just when we called for checks and that kind of thing you didnt seem to get in there and do anything just watch form the side and let them rub as happened in our game
Amen brother !!
It's pointless complaining now, the day is done, chalk it up to experience and learn from it. that is what the rest of us do. If you are still not happy listen more at the captain's briefing - the Field Ultimates decision is final