Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UKM Today

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Yeah I agree. Even if I did get pulled for running out of bounds :rolleyes: Thanks rosie :p
Was that you? Sorry dude I was told to do it last month & I've been pulled out for it before :(. Almost as bad as hanging the flag at your own end (the hang's awarded to the other team).

Worst thing I've seen was when I was watching a coupla months ago when a guy went on a mugging run and before he even got to the players he stepped out; he went on to shoot 3 out before he was stopped and sent to the deadbox, & the 3 were wiped down, he was pretty gutted :D.

On our field nothing really bad happened (only 3 'misunderstandings'); we were told to be more forceful with our one-for-ones on field 5 after an incident where a mugging run happened, and the mugger fairly took out the last-but-one player, and then got shot out by the remaining player with two or so shots. While he was still running about 2 shots landed on the last player who'd shot him out. The mugger went into a barricade and was checked and pulled out quickly, the remaining player had the 2 shots wiped off and continued to play. This was all over & done with in about 5 seconds, the initial mugging over in about 3 (this gives you an idea of the timescale decisions have to be made in).

I think this is pretty fair; the player was wiped down & the mugger taken out; it's pretty impossible to stop a mugger mid-run as one of our other marshals found out when someone ran full force into her & shot her point blank in the arm when she was trying to pull them out. They however had taken 6 or more shots and still carried on, and were 1-4-1'd.

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
Was that you? Sorry dude I was told to do it last month & I've been pulled out for it before :(. Almost as bad as hanging the flag at your own end (the hang's awarded to the other team).

Worst thing I've seen was when I was watching a coupla months ago when a guy went on a mugging run and before he even got to the players he stepped out; he went on to shoot 3 out before he was stopped and sent to the deadbox, & the 3 were wiped down, he was pretty gutted :D.

On our field nothing really bad happened (only 3 'misunderstandings'); we were told to be more forceful with our one-for-ones on field 5 after an incident where a mugging run happened, and the mugger fairly took out the last-but-one player, and then got shot out by the remaining player with two or so shots. While he was still running about 2 shots landed on the last player who'd shot him out. The mugger went into a barricade and was checked and pulled out quickly, the remaining player had the 2 shots wiped off and continued to play. This was all over & done with in about 5 seconds, the initial mugging over in about 3.

I think this is pretty fair; the player was wiped down & the mugger taken out; it's pretty impossible to stop a mugger mid-run as one of our other marshals found out when someone ran full force into her & shot her point blank in the arm when she was trying to pull them out. They however had taken 6 or more shots and still carried on, and were 1-4-1'd.
Yeah I think its a bit lame shooting marshalls, specially my gf :p I'd have 341d him for shooting a ref and playing on when he'd been called out.

Don't worry about calling me out, i probably did run out over the tape, just there wasnt anything marked down on the ground and I was more worried about trying to take their last man with a break in my barrel :rolleyes: Kinda ruined the effect of my run though :( lol

Jimi_six

Jan 20, 2004
leicester
Visit site
owwww coolio. u was the guyz we played on field 3? just before lunch. ended up 2 on 2. i was shot shortly after game on but from our deadbox was an awesome game. cheers for a wicked game fella :)
yeah it was a gud game.i prob lasted about a minute so i also watched it from the dead box.but was def enjoyable.i had a really gud day overall

J.C

Platinum Member
you KNOW that Rich wasnt happy about the call on your field. dont get him started...
I didnt make the call, Ive seen the photos, dont show anything, and they dont, nothing conclusive. Three different refs all made the exact same call, one of which being the ultimate who is very experienced ref, and one other again a very experienced ref. Not much to argue about really. Its one players word against 3 refs. It is easier for a ref so make a decision over a player sometimes because they arnt biased and have no huge levels of adrenalin running through, so alot more calmer.

my thoughts anyway.

(Just waiting for Rich to come on and say all 3 refs were wrong!!!!, as im sure he will :D)

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
I didnt make the call, Ive seen the photos, dont show anything, and they dont, nothing conclusive. Three different refs all made the exact same call, one of which being the ultimate who is very experienced ref, and one other again a very experienced ref. Not much to argue about really. Its one players word against 3 refs. It is easier for a ref so make a decision over a player sometimes because they arnt biased and have no huge levels of adrenalin running through, so alot more calmer.

my thoughts anyway.

(Just waiting for Rich to come on and say all 3 refs were wrong!!!!, as im sure he will :D)
to be fair mate, we even spoke to the player afterwards and he thought rich had him first and was just getting ready to walk out when he got wiped down and told to stay in...

So I'd say thats 2 players (the two involved in the call) word against the refs. I cant see how both would give biased answers lol

Tricky

Retired Gun Whore
Jun 10, 2005
Past Caring!
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
to be fair mate, we even spoke to the player afterwards and he thought rich had him first and was just getting ready to walk out when he got wiped down and told to stay in...

So I'd say thats 2 players (the two involved in the call) word against the refs. I cant see how both would give biased answers lol
It's done now anyway, lets leave it be:)

Can't believe I just said that:D