Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UKPSF AWARDS -your thoughts

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
The UKPSF & the Paintball Awards , please read and comment below

Quite a number of people have been in touch about the end of the UK Paintball Awards and suggesting the UKPSF should step in.

We had a discussion at meeting of the UKPSF Council on 11 November and agreed the UKPSF could manage and host an awards event, but that in the first instance at least for organisational reasons of the time and commitment needed to stage them, they would need to be incorporated in the Federation's annual conference.

The fine details of how the awards would be structured have yet to be considered, but before starting work on that and the logistics of venue etc, we need to know whether this is something players and teams would support, otherwise we’d be wasting our time.

If the awards are to go ahead, then the date for the dinner and awards ceremony would need to be either Friday 4 March or Friday 11 March 2016 (with the Conference and AGM running on 3 & 4 March or 10 and 11 March 2016). If there’s no interest in breathing life into a new awards set up, then the UKPSF would probably hold the Conference in the same weeks but over the Tuesday and Wednesday or Wednesday and Thursday, simply because of sites being committed to running games at weekends.

Please let us know what you think – but remember the choice of dates aren’t up for discussion because the UKPSF can ONLY consider running awards for 2016 if they are part of the conference and the conference has to run in one or other of the weeks suggested.

Reactions: Evil Rich

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
With respect, I feel that it is a little pointless holding an awards ceremony for the 2015 season when the 2016 season is about to kick off.

Again, with respect, I think if any player committed now to an awards ceremony in March 2016, they would have forgotten about it by then.

Logistics would dictate there is no chance of organising an awards ceremony for 2015 before this year is out, as we are halfway through November already.

My suggestion would be to start afresh with the 2016 awards and hold it at the last CPPS event of the 2016 season, on the Saturday evening. You would have a ton of players and industry people at the site already.

Weather permitting, you could just stick up a marquee at the site and have it right there, or at one of the many hotels in the neighbourhood.

EDIT: the last CPPS event of 2016 is the September 3/4 weekend.

Last edited:

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Are the AGM dates set in stone? IMHO, skip a year and move the AGM to October/November if the two really need to be combined, alternately, form an awards sub-committee and hold them on a separate date. I'm sure there is no real reason for the entire UKPSF committee to attend the awards ceremony if they feel it will get in the way of their individual businesses.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I'm just the messenger on this one folks, I'm not actually part of the UKPSF, other than being a paying member.

Reactions: Spikerz

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
If this is the awards that was suppose to be now and is now being suggested to be held in March 2016

I personally wouldn't care

I prefer it to be an end of year thing good laugh piss up with your mates, Being in march just feels a bit strange to me, I would rather the awards for 2016 just be held at the end of the year at not in Wembly !!

somewhere more central for everyone.

longdeath

Dec 13, 2010
Lancaster
Yup, agree with that.

End of the big games as well, because not everyone plays bouncy castle!
Most of the traditional big games have finished but there are still woodsball/scenario events taking place after CPPS. There could also be legs of the UWL (in what ever format and with whoever is running it) taking place after this so I don't think that it would be good for scenario to be held at the last CPPS.

I know that there will never be a time that suits all, but that's just my opinion on it.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Does it not make perfect sense to hold the awards early in the following year .. you finish the season, cast your votes and everything is presented at the same time as the AGM ,it sounds perfect , this year it would be a cluster**** due to the short notice but if it succeeds it means you vote for 2016 at the end of it when its all fresh and then party in early 2017 whilst boosting the numbers for what I imagine is otherwise a very dull affair , a wonderful opportunity to actually create a paintball trade show/awards/AGM and promote the UKPSF...of course being as it's paintball that kind of industry and customer organisation or collaboration will never happen, but the big picture is very sound.

I also agree it should not be in London ,somewhere like Manchester but less stabby...

Reactions: Biscuit