Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ukpsf clarification please?

STU newcastle lockdown

Newcastle lockdown soulja
Jan 19, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well to be honest fella 100 pound a week if you were to injure yourself while playing, for a simple 1 off payment of 15 squid you are really going to come out and say well the " 100 .....not going to cover the bills" you must remember firstly its up to you weather you wish to play paintball no one is forcing you so if you injure yourself and you ain't got insurance how do you expect to pay anything at all to your bills ???

Many people see the ukpsf in many different ways there's no leaning towards/ leaning away you either see it as being worth while or you don't.

In my honest opinion I am more than happy paying £15 once a year to see that if I'm injured and unable to work that I could still provide something for my child (but like said not everyone's cup'pa)

On the point of the plat jersey thingy with lump he and his team along with most of the teams players in the uk are fully backing the ukpsf which in his own right (with lump taking charge of plat jersey sorting out-a-ra) if he decides to make it a stipulation then you really either have to do as he says if you want one as its all up to him.

This is my 2p worth (don't flame me for it )
sorry also just read the fine print at the bottom so i do apologize

Last edited:

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Sorry maybe it's my wording...

I am Not after anyone's opinion of if it is, or is not a worthy cause, I am asking how it benifits paintball?

Parting with £15 a year is not an issue but if the only thing the money does is "insure" me for a pittance at a select few events then I can't see any point to it?
There must be more or Lump wouldn't be crusading to get members I would just like to know what the more is :)

(But for the record I do have personal injury insurance which I reccomend everyone should have & it costs me more than 10 x a ukpsf membership a year)
UKPSF is a national governing body. if it interests you look up their function in any other sport. They are responsible for the regulation and organisation of events and the promotion of the sport in general. They are also the ones who liaise with the european body to arrange events at this higher level. for example when the nations cup, womens cup etc. have been held, no doubt the UKPSF has been the point of contact to the EPBF that gave us the possibility of competing in these events. And of course it is also our representative body to the government so that if anything is opposed to we as a sport can make that point.
The fact that they throw in insurance is a mere bonus.

chuckwood

Now back in Australia!
Aug 2, 2008
Adelaide, South Australia
This thread appears every year..Steve is always happy to discuss..FACT.
He works for the UK scene with no reward FACT.
The organisation gives our sport a non partisan all inclusive advocate and makes the sport organised and have a legitimate voice to the legislative powers FACT.
It recommends and guides field operators and event organisers to the right and safe way of running paintball FACT.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
am i right in saying gorrilaz play formula 5? seem to vaguely remember the name. if that's the case, its begs the question why would F5 not be sanctioned by UKPSF? never ever heard a bad thing about it which is why it surprises me they aren't already members.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
3 reasons for me.
1. Insurance
2. A voice for the sport in legal matters
3. The nominated body trying to get paintball recognised as a sport which will make more money available via the UK spots council for sites, teams and events to apply for.
I think this sums it up in a nut shell, but when we all have a moan about the state of paintball yada yada. In the background we have people like Bully who are there to trying to help make us a proper sport with a good governing body. And every time paintball gets in the **** and it gets into the media. Steve is there to pick up the story and put everyone straight.
And I hope the come when every player has to be a member if they want to play in this country. We want to be a proper sport. Well this is the RIGHT thing to get behind. And if your worried about paying £15 for a years membership, then paintball aint for you as if cost double that for a case of paint !! Ive seen people shot £15 worth of paint at a post and then moan about a years membership. I mean come on £15 ?

Reactions: Care_Bears

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I think this sums it up in a nut shell, but when we all have a moan about the state of paintball yada yada. In the background we have people like Bully who are there to trying to help make us a proper sport with a good governing body. And every time paintball gets in the **** and it gets into the media. Steve is there to pick up the story and put everyone straight.
And I hope the come when every player has to be a member if they want to play in this country. We want to be a proper sport. Well this is the RIGHT thing to get behind. And if your worried about paying £15 for a years membership, then paintball aint for you as if cost double that for a case of paint !! Ive seen people shot £15 worth of paint at a post and then moan about a years membership. I mean come on £15 ?
what he said. UKPSF already does a fantastic job with the limited funds put in to it by voluntary memberships, imagine what it would do if everyone got behind it.

Reactions: Care_Bears