Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UKPSF MEMBERSHIP THE REASONS WHY

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
Ukpsf membership

As a new player one of the first things that you should look at getting is UKPSF MEMBERSHIP.

who are the UKPSF you ask,here`s abit of back ground

Background

In 1990 a group of players and members of the trade formed the European Paintball Sports Federation to protect the sport. The game of paintball was going through a rough time with attacks from the media and more important a possible ban by the Home Office as a result of the wording of the Firearms Act at the time.

Over the years the EPSF and more recently the UKPSF have had discussions with various members of the Government, officials at the various Government bodies, local authorities, Police and Firearms experts. As a result of these discussions the wording in the Firearms act (Air being the only approved propellant) which could have resulted in a ban on paintball has been changed. (CO2 was added as an approved propellant) The sport and the equipment has developed over the past ten years and the need for CO2 as a propellant has reduced.

The EPSF also produced tournament rule books which formed the foundation for all of the current tournament rules in the UK and probably most of the European tournaments. The "Code of Practice" is recognised by the Health and Safety and a lot of Councils as the guidelines for operating a paintball site.

In the late 1990's it was decided to change the name from the EPSF to the UKPSF because whilst most of the European countries had used the EPSF as the model to set up their own Federations the organisation in the UK only looked after the United Kingdom. There were no representatives from other countries on the committee therefore it did not truly represent Europe. The name was therefore changed to the United Kingdom Paintball Sports Federation.

There are steps being taken at present to form a new European body with representatives from all over Europe on the committee.

The UKPSF is a voluntary body and exists to promote the sport of paintball, liaise with government bodies, local authorities and try to make the game of paintball safe and fun to play.
Membership

New Individual Membership Scheme

The UKPSF are proud to bring you even more benefits from becoming a full individual member.

£5 million Civil Liability cover
Personal Accident; Death and Capital Benefits £50,000
Temporary Total Disablement £100.00 per week (14 days deferment period)
Cover is for players playing at a UKPSF sanctioned event*.

Policy documentation can be downloaded http://www.ukpsf.com/documents/policydocs.zip

all this for £15

*Sanctioned or Affiliated

There is some confusion at present due to the UKPSF using the word sanctioned to indicate that an event or organiser meets certain criteria. Therefore the UKPSF players membership is valid at the event and the tournament committee (still to have an official name) using the same word to indicate which tournaments are sanctioned by that committee.

It has been suggested that players insurance can currently only be used at two tournaments as these are the only sanctioned events and that the UKPSF is effectively reducing players choice by only allowing the insurance cover to be used at these two events. This is not true, as the cover applies to several events, including walk ons, scenario events and other tournaments.

In an attempt to clarify the situation the UKPSF will stop using the term sanctioned event and use the term Affiliated Event. The organisers of affiliated events have supplied the UKPSF with information regarding insurance cover, first aid cover and use the UKPSF air policy. The UKPSF players insurance covers all affiliated events. The events deemed as sanctioned by the tournament committee will also be affiliated events as part of the criteria to become a sanctioned event will be UKPSF affiliated status.

Current UKPSF affiliated events are:

Walk On events and Tournaments at Yorkshire Paintball
Walk On events and Tournaments at Campaign Paintball (incl Time wars)
Walk On events at Skirmish Norfolk
Walk On events at Skirmish High Wycombe
Walk on events and Tournaments at Combat Paintball (Norfolk and Snetterton) Walk On events and Tournaments at Powerplay Paintball (Wakefield)
Walk on and Tournaments at Sabotage Paintball
Walk On events at Dragons Lair
Shoreline Paintball Events
Walk On events at Warped Sports (inc The Big Games)
Unreal Paintball Events
Walk on and Tournaments at JCS Sports
NatWest Southern Paintball League (NSPL)
BZ Paintball scenario events
On the Edge Walk on events
Ambush Paintball Games Walk on events
Mayhem Events Walk and Scenario events
UK Paintball Events Ltd – Balls out Promotions

Your UKPSF insurance covers these event ONLY

If you play at a walk on site or a tournament and they are not on this list ASK the event organiser WHY THEY ARE NOT ON THE LIST?​

Reactions: The Coalthief

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
read this
The Firearms Act and Paintball

The Home Office does not consider paintball markers to be firearms because they fire frangible ammunition which breaks up on contact rather than inflicting a penetrating injury. The paintball industry uses the Air Weapons section of the firearms act to regulate the sport. Air weapons do not need a license if they fall within the following criteria, outside this criteria a licence is required. (This is a brief summary of the main points)

For a paintball marker to be classed as an "Air Weapon" and therefore not require a licence it must not be fired above 12 ft/lbs for a "rifle" type and 6 ft/lbs for a "pistol" type. Nearly all paintball markers come under the "rifle" type, only markers like the "splatmaster" come into the "pistol" category. If a marker fires above these limits they will then come under the Firearms Act and require a licence or be classed as a prohibited weapon. The recent amendment included carbon dioxide as an approved propellant previously only compressed air was allowed. Paintball markers must also only fire approved paintballs. Paintball markers must not be fully automatic i.e. when pulling the trigger once, two or more paintballs must not be discharged.

To stay within the law a paintball marker must not be fired above 330fps when using an average weight paintball, this equates to 12 ft/lbs. All tournament markers are restricted to a maximum velocity of 300fps, which equates to 9.9ft/lbs and site markers should be used at between 250-280fps to be safe for customers. This equates to 7ft/lbs-8.7ft/lbs.

To check your marker velocities use a chronograph.

If you require any further clarification please contact the UKPSF by emailing info@ukpsf.com

This is a very useful web site. http://www.met.police.uk/firearms-en...s/airguns1.htm
From the BBC news pages

Proposals to tighten Britain's gun laws have been met with a furious reaction from the pro-shooting lobby who say the plans will penalise innocent users but do nothing to stop armed criminals. A report by a cross-party committee of MPs has called for low-powered air weapons to be licensed and said children should not be allowed to handle firearms until they are aged 12 or 14. The MPs were also "appalled" that the government and police forces had failed to introduce a computer database of all firearms holders demanded in the gun crackdown which followed the 1996 Dunblane massacre. But enthusiasts said an age restriction would damage Britain's future prospects in sports such as rifle shooting and described the proposals as a "fundamental attack on the life-blood of shooting". The Home Affairs Select Committee said any gun capable of killing should be subject to controls - bringing airguns under the same legislation as other firearms for the first time.

It also warned of a rise in the number of air-powered weapons held.

The estimated four million airguns in circulation account for 70% of firearms held legally and two-thirds of firearm offences recorded, but fall outside the scope of current gun laws. MPs said airguns should be licensed with holders showing they were fit to have a licence, had a safe place to store the weapon and a good reason for keeping it.

Comment.

Whilst they are looking at controlling air weapons capable of "killing" they usually like to hit a soft target to score "brownie" points with the public, so watch out paintball. If the current law on air weapons was enforced all these "idiots" who use bigger springs or other methods to increase the power of the air rifle to over 12ft/lbs and then use the air rifles to injure/kill animals should be prosecuted.

I believe I speak for ALL paintballers "prosecute these idiots", paintballers play within the LAW!
KEEP SUPPORTING THE UKPSF OR THIS COULD EFFECT US

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
The end of paintball !! help needed !!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/68-Cal-x-1...item4165c0f862

I was sent this ebay link from a fellow site owner - The question I was asked "Did I think if these were shot out of a paintball marker would the marker/gun be classed as a firearm?"

I am not a lawyer BUT I think I know what would happen if it went to court - the person shooting these "paintballs" would be prosecuted under firearms law WHY because they are not frangible and therefore NOT paintballs.

See below "double the weight of a normal paintball" therefore that alone would make them illegal as they would be firing above the 300-330fps limits for a standard weight paintball. "High Density Plastic Coated Steel Core" clearly not frangible !!!

"Perfect for where the law does not permit firearms" just the above two comment would make it a firearm in my opinion

Turn any .68 Cal Marker into a great Home Defense weapon!

Fires at the same velocity as your regular paintballs upto 200ft

(velocity will reduce once past 200ft)

At just over double the weight of a regular paintball

and made with High Density Plastic Coated Steel Core

Dballz™ Will easily break and shatter most glass.

All you need is a hopper full of DBallz and you can quicky,

safely and effectively repel attackers

or wild animals from your home.

Perfect for where the law does not permit firearms.

OK what do I want - everyone with an ebay account to get on ebay and complain until that link is removed !!​
Steve​

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
What it needs is every part of the paintball industry in the UK to get onto the home office and get these banned from sale, preferably before some one does something news worthy with them.I don't think just getting them removed from ebay is going to do much good, especially now they've had all this free advertising across 3 major UK forums.

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Please don't all write to the Home Office as suggested - the letter was sent this morning at 11.10 by me on behalf on paintball (UKPSF) to my contact at the Association of Chief Police Officers. Whilst writing to the Home Office is a good idea if you want a quicker reaction then ACPO will act upon issue brought up by the UKPSF

Thanks

Steve

Bod I understand your reaction but I have already sent the letter and one letter is better than the HO being bombarded by paintballers Cheers

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
It may be a an idea to email ebay customer services about the item in addition to using the report form, explaining that the 'D-balls' due to their weight and non-frangible construction turn a normally legal paintball marker in to an illegal/unlicensed firearm and that, therefore, they should be classed as ammunition and prohibited under ebay.co.uk policy!

I magine the headlines, I very much doubt the media would bother to point out that the projectiles involved were bought on ebay from some dodgy Russian seller promoting them for home defence and not just the same paintballs as available to the general public from reputable vendors in their "PAINTBALL GUN CAUSES SERIOUS INJURY/DEATH" headline.

Reactions: ..A.Kaye..

..A.Kaye..

Aberdeen Fusion
Oct 4, 2011
Aberdeen
It may be a an idea to email ebay customer services about the item in addition to using the report form, explaining that the 'D-balls' due to their weight and non-frangible construction turn a normally legal paintball marker in to an illegal/unlicensed firearm and that, therefore, they should be classed as ammunition and prohibited under ebay.co.uk policy!

I magine the headlines, I very much doubt the media would bother to point out that the projectiles involved were bought on ebay from some dodgy Russian seller promoting them for home defence and not just the same paintballs as available to the general public from reputable vendors in their "PAINTBALL GUN CAUSES SERIOUS INJURY/DEATH" headline.
Reported, and an email sent to the ebay.co.uk customer service regarding these being unsuitable for sale and a harm to ebays policies and the paintball community. EVERYONE SHOULD DO THE SAME!!

..A.Kaye..

Aberdeen Fusion
Oct 4, 2011
Aberdeen
Just got a response back from eBay customer service (policy department) after emailing them, telling them the items for sale are agains eBay policy and a treat to the UK Paintball community, this is what I got back:

"Hello Alex,

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Paul and I'm happy to help you further.

Alex, I really appreciate your valuable existence with eBay community. It's truly a pleasure to have members like you in our community.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about a listing (Item # 280880019554) for a potential breach of our policy. I've forwarded the details to our policy expert team; they will review the listing and will take appropriate action if the listing breaches the policy. Please be assured, the policy remains the same for all the members of eBay community.

I would like to highlight that the appropriate action ranges anything from warning the member, removing the listing, restricting the account, suspending the account and even suspending the account infinitely. I am not able to disclose the action that we take on the member’s account but I can definitely assure you that we we’ll be taking an appropriate action on the member’s account in case it is in breach of our policy even though it may not be visible to you.

I appreciate that you have contacted us about this and you can definitely write back to us in case you want to know more about the policy, we will be glad to help you out.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and for helping us to keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell.

Kind regards,

Paul Simpson
eBay Trust & Safety"

Hopefully this will result in the member being suspended, the listing removed completely and stop it from happening again...fingers crossed!!

Alex