Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ultimate Drill Regime?

T

TendringLOEB

What would be yours?

If you had one whole day, a free field, and were going to run an all encompassing drills set to work on technique, movement, aggression, game smarts, team bonding/ethos, communication, field walking and game planning, as well as all of the other disciplines I've forgotten to include, what regime would you run?

Basically I'm looking for ideas for a complete regime to run once or twice a month for a team in order to improve and be successful. I'd be particularly interested in hearing what accomplished teams (from both Britain and the US) train for, their daily grinds. Even more so I'd be interested in hearing views from the coaches... for example Baca, Twizz, Nicky T and many more.

Even if you've just got one drill that's a great resource for mucho learning or any pointers for team training post em up, and we can get a plan together from there. Any Pro tips and tricks also very welcome!

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

Paul

crazy-lacey

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2007
lincolnshire
a good one of dissected two is you set of from back center snap to a box at the 50 ( one at each back center ) then you run and slide into teabag or dive into snake shoot the same box at the 50 then ( if snake side shoot a box at the back corner ) ( teabag you shoot another box where you can put anywere) then once you have shot the boxes the person you battle with the person you are against.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
my drill regime tends to involve taking it out the case, fixing the drillbit in, boring the hole, put the drill away....

or i'll just do what i'm told - that works too. don't need to think up drills, leave that to someone else. exactly where i think hell week will come in handy :D

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
The dominate-and-wrap drill is great for aggressive snap shooting. You set the bunkers up like so: (ignore the full-stops)

O...............O

........T

and the guys in the cans can only shoot down the outside, so they have to dominate their mirror and wrap round to shoot the bunker infield (T) a set number of times . Heavy on paint though (if money's a big concern).

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
Some ideas below but by no means the only things you can do. Credit to Chuck (ex jags) who I picked a lot of these up from.

Team talk and Warm Up
Cover what you are trying to achieve in the day and then make sure you are all warmed up and stretched.

Gunfighting
Basic - Get the right technique nailed, use the one with a gun DVD as a guide and work against targets with a spotter to tell you whether you show anything between shots. Also make sure your posture is correct, eg outside knee down when you take the low shots.

Medium - Go head to head against an opponent with 1/3 full loader and 1/3 full pots in your pack. Using only one side and the top of a bunker with a 60 second time limit, try to be the dominant player for as much time as possible. With 1/3 full pots and loader you will need to dominate and load one handed if you want to win this drill. If you are battling out, use jump shots over the bunker and a mix of tall and low snap shots to put your opponent in.

Advanced - Head to head with full loader and packs. The dominant player can shoot flat out and it makes it more difficult to get out on him. Highlights the importance of getting your first ball on target to put a break in his paint. Dunny explained this quite well to my guys last year, you need to break your opponents paint in order to gain dominance yourself.

There is a lot of mental stuff going on when you gunfight with someone, from avoiding fighting in a pattern, to keeping your profile tight and close to the bunker (so you don't get nailed cross field), to timing when to take shots... For instance, gunfighting between corners is different from battling between two 40 yard line spots. The difference is the amount of paint in the air and how long you have to wait for this to come past you before you take your next shot.

Movement
Set up a series of paired bunkers across the width of a field, gradually getting closer to one another. Set two players up head to headwith the objective of putting their opponent in, making the bump to the next bunker without getting shot. Drill ends when a player is shot or makes it across the field.

Make sure you only go one bunker at a time and you have to physically touch each bunker before you can move on to the next one. You can dive, slide, run and gun as you make the bumps. You should never be more than one bunker behind your opponent and want to be the guy that crosses the field first.

Can build this up with 2v2 or 3v3 race to the 50 plays on one half of a field.

Breakouts
Two players at each start gate, one plays back centre and the other runs and guns to a mid spot. Mid guy shoots for opponents back centre, back centre shoots at mid guy. Use your spare players as spotters and feedback on whether paint was too high / too low (pretty common) or went too wide / too shallow.

Can run this just with targets and a spotter too.

Conditioning
In my opinion you want to work on recovery time and power in their legs. Basic circuit training is good for recovery time, use a series of exercises with minimal rest time in between and keep going! For power, frog jumps are really effective as is squatting your teammates.

Warmdown