Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Under or overbore

over or under?

• I underbore, I like it tight, gigidy.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I overbore, I like to leave some wiggle room.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I'm baby bear, I go with not too tight not too lose, I use the standard blow test.

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • There's bore sizes? What's wrong with the stock barrel?

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

snips

Feb 25, 2015
just wanted to get a feel for what the paintball community go with when it comes to sizing up their paint.
I'm not looking to go into the why's and why nots or the science or reasoning behind it, I'm just looking for what the majority of players run with when it comes to paint and barrels.

Mugged2Much

Dead Meat
Jul 11, 2013
Sweden
I've gotten the impression that slightly misshapen paint gets more consistent velocity from underboring. That's just from my own quite unscientific observations though.

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
I underbore every time. Last CPPS, I was using a .681. I don't think I've used anything below a .685 for a loooong while.

My logic (it may be flawed) is that since paintballs are slightly compressible, forcing them through a smaller barrel will create a nice seal and allow all of the air to push it instead of some escaping around the sides.

Then again, one of my mates overbores to hell for the same reasoning. It's all semantics - if you can't hit them with your paint from far away, get closer and then shoot them!

Reactions: Mugged2Much

baconquilt

makin bacon
Jul 28, 2015
USA
usually underbore. but not too tight.
Paint in the states is small anyway so no need for the bigger sizes.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
It was but my pumps are all closed bolt as is my autococker, with closed bolt detents don't stop roll outs so you really need an under bore.