Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Universal Edinburgh Weekend Event 12th / 13th July 2014

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
I am sorry we haven't tailored our site to your idea of a business plan or to what you want but having run sites for ten years it becomes abundantly clear that our focus must be on punters the people that make the industry tick. Walkon players make sites very little money and airball players make next to nothing for a site. If 10 players turned up for training, at the price we charge of 7.50 we would make a princely 75 quid. From that 50 for a member of staff 10 for diesel to run the compressor so this time next year rodders we wont be millionaires. oh and the tax man wants his cut too.

So in short we aren't opening a public training facility for airball players we were setting aside an area for a group of airball players to use as a members only type club which would in the long run save them money on travel and hireing a hall etc. At 7.50 a head for a day to use this land we wouldnt be making any money as useing the area as a game arena for punters we would make the same amount per head with 1 game ie 100balls each. And I would say there would be more punters on the field than tourney players.

daza-m

Ednburgh Exodus
Nov 29, 2012
Edinburgh
hay guys have you set another date for your walk on game thing as i would really like to come and cant see another date anywhere in all the posts
cheers

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
Hey daza we are expecting delivery of the compressor towards the end of the month and so as not to risk cancelling again we will ensure the compressor is on sight before setting a new date. Watch this space.

Reactions: daza-m

Shadlad

Platinum Member - Lifetime
Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
Ok just a little up date, the digger was in today and started work. By end of tmrw we hope car park area, base camp area and the area for the air ball field will be in place and dug out and levelled. Couple of guys who we have been chatting with have popped in and said hello today. So people now know this is not yalk it is happening !!!!

Shadlad

Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
Ok guys the site now has the base camp area fully dug out and a hardcore base and there is now a car park. The air ball areas has had a basic scrap back to clear any hazards from the playing area. It will be having some more work done on it in a week or so' to get it a little more smooth. A couple more faces popped in tonight and it was nice to meet more players. Have to say it is nice to see so many players from Scotland who are willing to support this venture and to offer time to come and help build things and clean site up for free. It is players like this who will help us get set up and support us in our early stages who will be remembered once we have a market place in Edinburgh.

Thank you guys !!!

Shadlad

Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
Not bad for a few days on site, so should start to look really good very soon. Did not realise it was you there tonight lol, good to meet you.

Shadlad

Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
Ok the new date for this walk on is going to be the 8th Dec 2013 and there is going to be no FEE !!! That is right if you fancy a walk on at this site the first one is going to be free of charge !!!! Unless you want paint and that will be available on site for £30 a box.

Please spread the word and get names down who is coming as if we get enough people we can look at getting a food van in etc or maybe get a barbie fired up and some food on. More than welcome to bring a few beers and hang around afterwards as long as people clear up their mess and any other mess around as not paying staff to do it, seeing it is free of charge.

You can tent for the night if you want, but if you do make a noise and take the p@@s you will be booted off the site straight away. Without your tents being packed lol. Joking aside if you do set a tent up the noise must be kept down and respected.

If you want paintballs please let me know in advance, anyone who has paid for the last date and needs a refund see me on the day and I will sort it out for you or you can put towards a box of paint. Again just let me know, thanks guys !!