Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

University Tournment (Happening)

Uni Paint

Oct 2, 2009
That's right ladies and gentlemen, The first University Paintbal Tournament in conjunction with UK Masters and BZ Paintball has been set for the weekend of the 20th-21st February 2010. It will be a 5-man event played on the full size millenium field at BZ Dishforth at the cost of £200 per team with a maximum of 16 teams available. Camping is free on the Saturday night. It's a bring your own paint event although paint will be for sale over the course of the weekend.

If you want in then reply to this thread or email us at uni.paint@hotmail.co.uk

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
Might able to get a squad together. Is it ok if we had a linked uni? (I.e. De Montfort Uni and Leicester Uni combined under Leicester city name?) just a query as I don't think our guys have that much gear and I know other players from the local unis.

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
any free lancers allowed (i.e i wont be able to get a uni team together can i just join someone elses?)

Frenchman117

Jul 15, 2009
Redditch
Yes to ProtoX, however should the unis have other teams that contact me and want to represent thir own ones then I will have to accept the uni teams first

To Potter Loki, If there are any teams that contact us and tell us that they only have 4 players then I will lete you know immediately. If not, then i suggest you come to the event anyway so that if any players drop out you can take their spot and if not, you still have a good weekend out and might be able to get some time on the field on Saturday whislt teams are practising.

Kitty

www.techpb.com
Aug 16, 2007
Oahu, Hawaii / London UK
www.myspace.com
Its great someone has set this up.
Will you allow colleges to compete?
BUCAS now accepts colleges so that would look great for uni / college paintball if you followed along those lines.
I think its 20 teams and BUCS will classify it as a sport.

Uni Paint

Oct 2, 2009
Our priority for the first event is Universities. However, if the event is a success, one more will follow this academic year and 6 the following year. If not enough Uni's enter teams then colleges will be able to play the first event but they will definitely be invited to the following ones. We are only starting with 16 teams as it keeps the costs down, allows for more matches for each team and lets us see how much interest is generated. It may go up to more than 16 teams for the Second event

It's a first come first serve basis for the teams. The earlier you get the deposit in, the better the chance that you will play. However, if there are still open positions, the deadline will be 2 weeks before the event

Lorraine

new UWE paintballer
Jan 29, 2009
Bristol
I think you're going to struggle to get 16 uni teams, and Kitty's idea of allowing colleges now will help you fill those spaces so it's not a last minute scramble. Sounds like you have a good structure set up though so I hope it goes well! :)

Uni Paint

Oct 2, 2009
If by mid December 10 or less teams are entered then it will be open to colleges aswell. However, we are fairly confident that we can get 16 Universities interested, even if they are just Uni ballers that get together for the first time for this event