Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

University Tournment (Happening)

PortoX

DCF Footsoldier.
Apr 18, 2006
Ashbourne (Derbyshire)
www.myspace.com
Just a reminder that the tournament date was moved from the 20th and 21st of February to the 27th and 28th.

Also, any freelancers who need a few more players need to contact me asap so I can arrange a team for you.

I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year and that we will see quite a few of you in just over a months time
I will be willing to play in a barbarian style squad.

May I also pick the team .... ;)

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
can i get a price per person for a guest team, its going to cost me 40 odd quid to drive their (370 mile round trip for me) so need to know prices for a real answer. plus what facilties are avalaible, will i need to bring a tent etc??

Uni Paint

Oct 2, 2009
It's £200 per team which includes camping, air and trained marshalls. If a team gets 5 players then its obviously £40 per player however, as you can have more than 5 per team for roll-on roll-off subs, the price per team member can vary, as long as the full amount is paid.
You will need to bring your own tent with you.
We still haven't got a set price for paint yet but you can bring your own. For every box of paint bought at the site, money goes into the prize fund.

OttoVonLarnie

Oct 17, 2009
It has been a while, but here at plymouth, I can drum up very little interest. Myself and 1 or 2 others and thats it! I am trying desperately to encourage more people to come along yet fear that there will not be a 5 man team for the deadline date in Feb!

I believe if the competition was to have a dedicated site with its own forum, and better publicity, then there would be more success in getting support. I think it seemed a bit rushed this year (harsh but fair?), I am going to start a dedicated tourny team started for next year and will definately be signing up next year.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
its looking like a very well organised event, but i think unless universities are willing to contribute, or if they will get something from paying for a team to compete, there would be little hope of a high profile university tournament, since like so many people are reporting, they are struggling to get interest. when you look at the mounting cost of travel + paint + entry its turning out very costly.

hopefully im wrong and fingers crossed this gets the ball rolling, even us scots might venture south for the second event :)

KU Jim

Sep 28, 2009
Keele, Staffs.
You were talking about doing another event later on in the year. I know that was on the proviso that this one went well but why not give it another go and really get publicity going. I know me telling you how to do your job doesn't really help things...

Ironically we've had no trouble getting a team together here. We've had a dedicated paintball society at keele for maybe three years and teams for the last two. If this event wasn't clashing with another one closer to home we'd be there without fail...

Uni Paint

Oct 2, 2009
It has been a while, but here at plymouth, I can drum up very little interest. Myself and 1 or 2 others and thats it! I am trying desperately to encourage more people to come along yet fear that there will not be a 5 man team for the deadline date in Feb!

I believe if the competition was to have a dedicated site with its own forum, and better publicity, then there would be more success in getting support. I think it seemed a bit rushed this year (harsh but fair?), I am going to start a dedicated tourny team started for next year and will definately be signing up next year.
Shame you can't get enough interest for the first event. I am currently working on developing a website and forum which should be ready for opening by the end of this month. All arrangements regarding Uni Paint and forthcoming events will be taking place through that site.
If it helps you, I can still see if I can find some other players so that you have a full team for this event?

its looking like a very well organised event, but i think unless universities are willing to contribute, or if they will get something from paying for a team to compete, there would be little hope of a high profile university tournament, since like so many people are reporting, they are struggling to get interest. when you look at the mounting cost of travel + paint + entry its turning out very costly.

hopefully im wrong and fingers crossed this gets the ball rolling, even us scots might venture south for the second event :)
Unfortunately, Uiversities will not back Paintball Teams until Uni Paint is recognised within the UK. We know that with the majority of Universities not helping their teams financially and the cost of paintballing, it is hard (especially for a student) to afford the tournaments. However, we are looking at all the possible ways of cutting the cost of the next event.

Are you aware that this event clashes with another tournament thats going on on the same weekend?
You were talking about doing another event later on in the year. I know that was on the proviso that this one went well but why not give it another go and really get publicity going. I know me telling you how to do your job doesn't really help things...

Ironically we've had no trouble getting a team together here. We've had a dedicated paintball society at keele for maybe three years and teams for the last two. If this event wasn't clashing with another one closer to home we'd be there without fail...
I was unaware of another tournament on the same date. Unfortunately, I am unaware of the majority of events that happen all over the UK and will be asking everyone who wishes to play the next tournament for a date that doesn't conflict with any other events.

Although not a huge amount of teams can make the first event, there has been enough interest generated to run the second event. This event will be held in the South of England with the costs being kept as low as possible. All arrangements for this event will be made on our site once it is up and running.

Hopefully this answers the majority of your questions

Uni Paint

Oct 2, 2009
Almost forgot to add it, I am looking for pictures to put on the website. Rather than look on google and lift them off there, I was thinking you might want to see yourselves up there on the site. During each tournament pictures will be being taken and after every tournament, new photos will be added to the site. If you've got a picture that you think would look good on a site then send it to me via email to:
uni.paint@hotmail.co.uk

Beardy Joe

ukpaintballtv
Aug 1, 2009
Deepest Darkest London
How soon does the money need to be paid? (ie. per player as theres only two of us from greenwich).
Also is anyone driving down from the london area? Spare seats as the trains a pain in the ass, literally being 6 foot+ is a nightmare.
Will pay for petrol share and Mickey D's.