Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Unscrewing Regulator?

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
Alright, so I've just dry fired my marker a couple of times after re-lubing it. Now, when I took my bottle off (very little pressure in it), I unscrewed the regulator as well - by accident. But by hand. It wasn't even tight on the bottle. Now - what do I do? The bottle is due for testing soon anyways, so should I just send it off (sans regulator) early? Or is the fact that the reg came off so easily a sign that the bottle isn't worth keeping?

Having seen what compressed air can do, I'm not taking chances.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
It's fine, when there is no pressure at all left in tanks, if they aren't locktited in then the reg will screw out. screw it back in by hand until it is well snug and when you air it up it will work fine.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Hold up guys - I thought you had to use a strap and tighten regs onto the bottle using the manufacturers guidelines?
i know this used to be important at some point, but not nowadays and i've had the regs off my bottles quite a few times and put them back on this way. either way bluey has been about a heck of a lot longer than me so if he says that's right i'm happy with that :p

Reactions: Care_Bears

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
I use one of these on the regs(can get a grip on the guage and fill nipple) and hold the tank with my feet so you can tighten it with the jar opener.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Multi-Jar-Bottle-Opener-JO100/dp/B0018PWOOG/ref=pd_cp_kh_1

As others have said the pressure in the tank will keep it from un-screwing, but the above method just gives you a bit more piece of mind and when there is no air in the tank holding it on.