Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

unusual mini board problem?

alexander001

Sep 19, 2012
Hi,

I've posted this up on a few forums as i've not seen any threads regarding it.

I was at diamond wars and getting rather dirty with my gun ;)

About half way through the day my gun kept turning on by it'self every 30 seconds and it would not allow me to shoot, i changed the battery and made sure the connections were good which they were, but by the end of the day the board wouldn't even switch on

When i arrived home i stripped the gun down and there doesnt appear to be any damage to the board however even though the button clicks the board will not turn on.

The configuration button however does work which has left me puzzled as to whether or not the board is broken.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
My board failed, turned on etc as usual even recognised trigger being pulled. However still didn't work and had to replace it

For a simple answer if you know someone with a mini swap the boards and that'll tell ya if yours is gone. Though it sounds dead to me

Stupid answer maybe but tried a couple different new batteries? Have seen it before where dodgy batteries play havoc

Reactions: alexander001

alexander001

Sep 19, 2012
Yeah i was worried it might have done, i had a spare board and that worked fine i just wasn't sure if i would be able to breathe any life back into this one, and yeah i've tried a few batteries, still no good :(

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
A pcb is a pcb all can be repaired of right bits are changed. But my memory of how to test them is long gone but I know someone will be able to buy prob cheaper and easier to just buy a new board. Love minis, parts are so
Affordable

Dunno if can or it'll work but can you do a factory reset? Might get lucky

alexander001

Sep 19, 2012
i'll factory set it and if that fails i'll might phone kee, as i said i've put in my spare board so it's not like i'm without a gun.

Thanks for your help :)

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
Also happened to me. I'm going to try my redline and see if it's the board that's knackered. Cheers Alex for making this thread so I didn't have to :)

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Sometimes it's just a faulty button. Same thing happen to me AXE just recently. Took it down to a friend who cut off the faulty switch with some clippers and soldered on a new one. Looked really easy.... works a treat again now...

online via my uber funky Galaxy Note III

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
I can fix it if you like... Unless you're handy with a soldering iron...

If so, head to Maplin, I know there's one in Erdington if you're local to Brum.

If you measure the switch, I think it's a 6mm contact switch. They can be "refurbished" but is best to replace. Is it the Optimus board or Sgockwave ?