Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Updated ego?

Stigo

Feb 18, 2015
Hi all guys, hope this is the right place to ask but I currently have an ego07 which has a bust OLED screen. Marker works perfectly but I just can't configure any ramping or ROF caps etc.

So, as I can't seem to find a replacement board, or any info about replacing the OLED screen on my current board, what is the more updated equivalent of my ego07? I am aware of Geo's, ego11s and LV1's but as somebody who hasn't really played properly for quite a few years, any advice would be greatly appreicated!

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
Hey,
The Ego LV1 is the current iteration of the Ego platform, so is the most updated equivalent at this moment.
The LV was the biggest change to the Ego as it allows it to operate at a lower pressure than any of its predecessors.

The 3.5 is the current version of the Geo platform,

There is also the Etek platform, which is a budget version of the Ego markers. They are currently on version 5 of that.

The 3.5 and LV1 are pretty much on par with each other. It all really comes down to your own personal preference between Spool / Poppet and looks.

The Etek is obviously cheaper than either of those, so is a little less efficient, but has picked up some styling tips from the LV1 this year. :)

Overson

Sep 27, 2014
Kettering
Hi hope you don't mind my asking but I'm after parts for my ego 07 so if your interested in selling your 07 for parts can you contact me, see if we can sort something out.

Stigo

Feb 18, 2015
@Stewart - Thanks for the info, so basically if I was looking for a second hand marker, a Geo and LV1 are pretty much the same? I am not sure what you mean by "spool/poppet" so presume that has something in regards to fire rate?
Is the Etek worth using after having an Ego? I quite liked the OLED screen when it was working rather than having to remember what each of the flashing lights mean!

@ Overson - I doubt that I would be parting out my own ego07 as it is fine as a backup marker but due to the board issues its not really able to perform to it's fullest abilities.

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
@Stewart - Thanks for the info, so basically if I was looking for a second hand marker, a Geo and LV1 are pretty much the same? I am not sure what you mean by "spool/poppet" so presume that has something in regards to fire rate?
Is the Etek worth using after having an Ego? I quite liked the OLED screen when it was working rather than having to remember what each of the flashing lights mean!
A Geo 3.1 is on par with the LV1 (In my opinion) if you're looking for second hand markers.

Spool / Poppet is to do with the way the marker actually operates.

Poppets : Typically more efficient with a sacrifice on the amount noticeable kick / sound signature.

Spools : Typically quieter and smoother, with a sacrifice on efficiency.

Check the relevant diagrams to see how they work with a neat lil' animation.

Is the Etek worth using after having an Ego?
Yeah!

The Etek 5 has the same Rammer (Zick 3) and bolt (Cure 5) as the LV1.
It operates at a slightly higher pressure (85) to the LV1s 80psi.

So is a vast improvement over most of the planet range that has came before it.
It can also be upgraded with an OLED screen for the modern gentleman who disdains deciphering flashing lights.

Stigo

Feb 18, 2015
Thanks for that Stewart, certainly makes sense now you have explained it. I was looking on a couple of websites and there is now a Geo 3.5 which obviously is an updated Geo, but from what I can understand from your explaination, would this mean it is the best marker from PE available?

I doubt that I would be buying new, but most prices for a Geo 3.1 are slightly cheaper than the LV1 and if offering an OLED screen, could be the solution for my needs. I doubt that I would notice the difference in efficiency between the LV1/Geo/Etek just down to be being a casual player and trigger happy. I highly doubt that I would be considering another brand just down to how good my Ego has been over the years, its just down to either trying to find a board for mine or a marker which would replace it!

Reactions: mikey1975

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
Thanks for that Stewart, certainly makes sense now you have explained it. I was looking on a couple of websites and there is now a Geo 3.5 which obviously is an updated Geo, but from what I can understand from your explaination, would this mean it is the best marker from PE available?

I doubt that I would be buying new, but most prices for a Geo 3.1 are slightly cheaper than the LV1 and if offering an OLED screen, could be the solution for my needs. I doubt that I would notice the difference in efficiency between the LV1/Geo/Etek just down to be being a casual player and trigger happy. I highly doubt that I would be considering another brand just down to how good my Ego has been over the years, its just down to either trying to find a board for mine or a marker which would replace it!
The 3.5 is the mutts nuts of a marker ;)

If you can pick up one of those second hand for a fair price, then I'd recommend that.

Stigo

Feb 18, 2015
Awesome, I will have to keep an eye out for one then. At the very least, whatever I decide to buy, should be as good as what my '07 is like currently.

Is there any known issues with the older markers I mentioned earlier?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Hi @Stigo, have you considered an aftermarket board or even placing a wanted ad?

Changing your marker seems an awfully expensive way to fix something which should be relatively easy to be honest.