Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Upgrade??/

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
keep the ion as it is then

but keep the money and save up for something else and then you will have a main gun and a backup instead of one uber uped gun

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
welcome to the thread ion haters :rolleyes:

I can't get over how many times I've said this too people when coaching at quadball once a week. it doesn't matter what gun you have, how much it costs. its what you do with it.

I don't care what gun you have. . I reckon 1 on 1 I could shoot you 8 or 9 / 10 times.

now this kid is asking about ION upgrades to attatch to his ION!!!

correct me if i'm wrong but last time I looked an ego doesn't fit on an ion, unless you use the gaffer tape mod, or if you've seen the franken ion down quadball lol.

now onto bolts I'd recommend the lucky bolt as it is really light and reliable. and uk based.

any other questions feel free to ask.

or call the ion centre on

as they have loads of upgrades and can give the best advice on what works together.

robeenio #27

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Now..

Ive got a ion with:
Ndz Wave aluminium trigger
Ndz Donut
contract killer Hybrid grips
Shocktech feedneck
Dynasty body kit to match the colours (all gloss blue)

Im looking for upgrade's, i was thinking of:
New reg?
New Board?
New Barrel?
Qev eventually
New bolt

What would you reccomend???? as these are the sort of upgrades i dont know much about..
I'd say go for a QEV and barrel.

On;y upgrade your ion to the max if you are acctualy going to keep/use it. Theres not point in putting £300+ onto a £150 just to sellit for under £200.

If your keeping it then a a barrel like the un1tech will sort you out for cheap.
Board, go with blackheart or lucky (blackhearts cheap and chearful with all the modes you need with a new eye. Lucky is the full shebang and comes with another noid.)

DOn't bother with a new reg unless the nut adj annoys you. If you stick a CP reg on it you one see any read perfomance benefit.

Are you still using the stock duckbill? If so i can't recommend an oops highly enough.

IMHO you should have started by improving the performace of you marker befor you spend all your cash on non performance upgrades (body kit and grips.)

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Maybe I shouldn't have shown him my sons ION (or let him use it) ;).

Anyway - he's only a young lad - and it's all about the bling (or so I keep getting told).

Parki

Ion on steroids
Oct 29, 2006
Stalybridge(manchester, uk)
i bought the grips becuase i cudnt stand the chunkyness of the stock one's and the trigger is obviously usefull, i got the body as part of trade deal and was kinda chucked in along with a empire reloader b and a nxe pack so i cant complain there for i didnt really pay for it....

as for lucky i'll look into it alot more cheers guys