Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Upgrades for Ion

oobermybeer

Uni Of Teesside Paintball
Feb 5, 2007
Middlesbrough
yeh, just dont get lube insie the air system its very important, and never use WD40, or any thing like that, only marker lube on orings, read those sites, and manual, and you will be a pro by the end of the night :p

Suns

Apocalypse Paintball
Mar 16, 2006
Cambridge
No offence taken and I know we all have our own opinions but I think this post does nothing to promote the positive aspects of how the low budget Ion gives high budget performance to the masses.
Partially agree. The stock Ion is not the most friendly gun in the world out the box. When a stock Ion is bought, yes you can pretty much run it out the box, and depending on your own preference you may be happy. Although as you mentioned with a few tweaks it can be a good gun.

Hense why SmartParts decided to start selling the gun with all the smaller upgrades already installed (Q-lock, drop forward, etc).

Then people take it further....

So now we have the Epiphany which is basically completely customised Ion (which does look quite nice).

My views are completely bias though. When I had one, i never liked it, so i dont have the most objective view in the world :D

So, yes with a few tweaks, and upgrades you can have a low budget gun that keeps up with the rest. Doesnt have the same thrill or kick, Marcus Geezer is right :)

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
ARG is a mate, and no offence to him but he went from not having a scooby doo to being confident about the innards and workings of an Ion, and if he can do it, most can... :D
But he does make a great burger though.... :D :D :D

As for Suns comments, I think we all on the same page so all good. Previous to the Ion, what kind of marker could you pick up for £130? I think you were looking at mech type markers, and not many if any could be used for tourney play at 15bps ramping.

As for the Epiphany, I have never seen one out on the field so has anyone ever actually bought one? I'd rather by a stock Ion and then choose what to put on it, dependent on budget and preference. It looks nice perhaps, but in a plastic gay Scissor Sister spangly way methinks!! (ARG would probably like it then :D)

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Not last time I looked :D

A lucky bodied ion doesn't count does it?

And as for sparkly, spangly scissor sisters stylee don't forget know about your smooth bodied ion and have the photos to prove it....
oohhh its so smooth...... droollllll..... any way on topic hopefully this represents the million and one things you could do to an ion to make it a unique marker. The world of bad taste is your oyster. Just ask ARG :). (Gotcha ARG. 2 - 1 to me I think...)

Here's my baby.. only thing stock is the breech, eyes, eye wire, grip frame. Oh, and it is a stock body, but been smoothed out baby.....

[img=http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/429/230407ionwithshavedbodyww8.th.jpg]

Oily

Big kid
Jul 30, 2006
Radcliffe,Manchester
I can mod your stock bolt to the same spec as a Firebolt,i.e drops your operating pressure down to around 165psi and i'll stick an extra o ring groove on the tail section for better air efficiency.
All this for £6 including postage(+4% if paying by paypoo)

mushk1n

The Guitar hero!
May 7, 2007
London
I can mod your stock bolt to the same spec as a Firebolt,i.e drops your operating pressure down to around 165psi and i'll stick an extra o ring groove on the tail section for better air efficiency.
All this for £6 including postage(+4% if paying by paypoo)
I was just gonna ask if its worth buying a firebolt and would it stop my leaking cos im sure ive got a faulty bolt or something.

Basically I left it over night last night, about 13 hours and it leaked roughly 200psi.. so a bigger improvement but I am very fussy so I'd rather spend out £30 and get a firebolt if people think it will stop the leaking...?

Or.. I could get a Smart Valve (on/off) - will that work without a drop forward or any other mods on the ion? its only £13.50 and that means I can take the air canister off without wrecking the o-rings and then it'll fit in my jt kit bag.

any ideas?