Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Upgrades for Ion

rambo00

Mar 27, 2007
ure tank is bound to drop psi after that long a period. ure not gonna have your tank filled for 13 hours on field anyhow. As for firebolt i have one and its definitely lighter on the paintballs but when i fire to empty my air tank it leaks the last about 100 psi out. So im gonna lube o-rings. as for changing to firebolt to fix a leak, u could buy an o ring replacement pack for cheap.

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Oops....

IMO Smart parts on/off arent very good. I've seen many examples of them not working very well, so if your gonna get one, go for a CP Oops (on/off/purge stystem). It's a bit more money at about £25, but you get what you pay for, which is equally true of the SP on/off at £13. Read my Ion up's sticky and take note!!

Firebolts are great! Look on ebay for a one slightly cheaper than £30 though. I've got a firebolt and with my lucky stages 2 and 3 I run at about 120psi @ 290fps due to a much reduced dwell.

Oily, I know your the lord and master of modding and upping Ion's but don't stock Ion's run at about 160psi at about 290fps? Typo maybe?

As for firebolt i have one and its definitly lighter on the paintballs but when i fire to empty my air tank it leaks the last about 100 psi out
I think the reason it leaks this out is becuase the firebolt can't reset properly at that pressure (i.e. 100psi), and so the seals are not made and thus air leaks out.

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
I was just gonna ask if its worth buying a firebolt and would it stop my leaking cos im sure ive got a faulty bolt or something.

Basically I left it over night last night, about 13 hours and it leaked roughly 200psi.. so a bigger improvement but I am very fussy so I'd rather spend out £30 and get a firebolt if people think it will stop the leaking...?

Or.. I could get a Smart Valve (on/off) - will that work without a drop forward or any other mods on the ion? its only £13.50 and that means I can take the air canister off without wrecking the o-rings and then it'll fit in my jt kit bag.

any ideas?
I could sell you a like-new lucky stage 1 (older style Aluminium not the newer lbm) bolt for £15 posted....:)

I was just gonna ask if its worth buying a firebolt and would it stop my leaking cos im sure ive got a faulty bolt or something.

Basically I left it over night last night, about 13 hours and it leaked roughly 200psi.. so a bigger improvement but I am very fussy so I'd rather spend out £30 and get a firebolt if people think it will stop the leaking...?

Or.. I could get a Smart Valve (on/off) - will that work without a drop forward or any other mods on the ion? its only £13.50 and that means I can take the air canister off without wrecking the o-rings and then it'll fit in my jt kit bag.

any ideas?
200PSI in 13 hours is not uncommon,

There could be a number of things causing the leak, so changing the bolt is not guaranteed to fix the problem.

The smart valve needs a rail to mount it to.
Unfortunately the smart valve is not a true on-off purge system, so if you really are fussy then its better to invest in a CP or planet OOPS.

mushk1n

The Guitar hero!
May 7, 2007
London
hi,

I just had a convosation with someone and they said that it might be a good idea to grease under the o-rings as well?

Can I get better o-rings for the Ion incase that doesnt work?

ION_CRAZY

Upgrade your Game
Jul 11, 2005
UK
www.paintball-upgrades.co.uk
Some people upgrade their ION but dont change there settings, they dont decrease input pressure or dwell, while you do see an improvement from an upgrade such as a bolt, people really need to adjust their gun to maxize there efficiency.