Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Upgrading to an Axe?

Wulox

Jul 29, 2009
Messingham
Hi all, I used to play but then stopped for about two years.
After playing again on my cousin's stag day on sunday, I feel like I want to start playing again.
I still have all my old gear and my PMR 2010. The gun is a nice little shooter but it just never felt right to me, and I'd now like to upgrade.
I've always liked the look of the Axe and was just wondering if it would be a good improvement on my PMR. I don't currently have a massive budget and the second hand price for them seems pretty reasonable.
(On a side note, how much should I sell my PMR for, it was leaking the last time I used it two years ago but I've since replaced the O-rings.)

So yeah, any advice/input would be much appreciated!
Cheers, James

Mr.Vanguard

Apr 26, 2014
South East
Its going to be a pretty large improvement, its going to be smoother, triggers nicer, board is better, it has a great bolt as standard and if you have hands like a bear (like me) it feels great in your hands, its going to be a very large improvement to your current PMR, A lot of the top teams use the Axe, I've had to borrow an Axe and I've got to say compared to my Invert Mini that was pretty much fully upgraded at the time it was an absolute beast defiantly worth getting , get a good hopper such as a DYE Rotor or an Virtue Spire and a nice 68/4500 you will be unstoppable
Good luck Budd
James (same name ;) )

Wulox

Jul 29, 2009
Messingham
Cheers for the speedy reply!
And its good to know it'll be a large improvement, a new hopper will not be long afterward either hopefully!

Wulox

Jul 29, 2009
Messingham
Also, just another quick question!
Is the redline upgrade on an Axe worth it?
I don't intend on changing the settings that regularly once I have it set up the way I want it, and whilst an OLED screen would be nice, I don't know if i can justify all the extra £££ on getting it!

Mr.Vanguard

Apr 26, 2014
South East
its not going to make to big of a difference to be fair but it will make your life a little easier having a screen on your gun you then are able to change settings easily and are also able to show Refs/Marshals that you are set at the correct bps and mode especially if you are playing tournaments and it looks great on your gun its nice clicking buttons ;) but on the other hand like you said they are expensive so perhaps save it for a later investment and concentrate on your essentials such as a hopper and a good carbon fibre tank
Any further questions gimmie a shout
take it easy
J

Reactions: liamgreen09

liamgreen09

Feb 26, 2014
Kent, South East England
Hi,
An axe is a great investment and upgrade from a pmr and empire is one of the largest paintball brands (if not the largest) and all of there products are extremely reliable and with the redline board my team-mate above has answered that already :)
Hope we could help

Reactions: Mr.Vanguard

Wulox

Jul 29, 2009
Messingham
Thanks for the replies!
Due to it's cost, I will more than likely invest in the redline board further down the line, even though an OLED screen would be pretty neat!

Reactions: liamgreen09

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the replies!
Due to it's cost, I will more than likely invest in the redline board further down the line, even though an OLED screen would be pretty neat!
Big "dont bother" from me. Seriously, all the gun has to do is shoot 10bps these days. The guns dont have to try very hard at all. You dont need a million options and settings, its just a million ways to screw the gun up. Id spend your money on loads of paint, and go play!

for reference, the stock board is called the shockwave