Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Vanguard demon repair (Leak top of grip)

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
had them go on 2 of my demons so far, one of those came from foot like that :ROFLMAO:
Oi Steve, not guilty:oops:

Depending on the age of the Demon it may be the manifold gasket as early versions were like elastic bands and became very sloppy over time, so worth checking that and replacing it for good measure anyway.

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
too many issues with these demons now aha :p - atleast people know of solutions - but there's too many aha

uberjuba

Mar 11, 2011
south wales
nah mate was the flow plug orings, after i replaced em the leak stopped :ROFLMAO:

dont worry, its no longer mine, sold it to a team mate. still fires like a dream. bit of a shame as he's selling it soon as he went and bought one of WildWayz hand me downs lol

uberjuba

Mar 11, 2011
south wales
also doesn't help that when i wanna change it up a bit or someone wants to try my g6r that normaly i start rocking out my karnivor instead. :ROFLMAO:

literally just keep my demon in my kitbag cos it's an absolute workhorse!!!

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Hopefully he'll see this and give me some help its beyond my skills to repair

Hi Tom

What a marker. Where do I start?

Marker came to me 'puffing'. No leak, just puffing. Typical behavior of a faulty diaphragm.

First up... your HPR core.. the velocity adjuster doesn't screw in/out smoothly - feels like it was poorly machined or cross threaded at some point. So I swapped the entire HPR core and velocity adjuster with a spare that was in your spares kit.
I cleaned and re-lubed the HPR.
Then... the rear grip frame screw - looks like it was substituted for different one. I replaced it with the correct one.
I then stripped the marker down - the manifold was a bugger to get out - very, very tightly milled. Replaced the diaphragm (you need to order some more off foot ) and rebuilt the marker (lubing the air transfer orings etc). I also cleaned and re-lubed the bolt.
The frame isn't perfectly aligned - something a lot of Demons and Creeds had - I think it is down to the manifold being so darn tight to the body and even though I gave it a hefty whack to get it in, it still isn't as close as I would like it :/

Anyway, aired it up and it is now shooting. I can't chrono it, but it 'feels' about right, but the set screw has been adjusted so you cannot over-pressurise it.

Here's the video of it before and after:

And some photos:

Last edited:
Reactions: Gadget

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
That's my old demon :)

The original hpr core was grinding when I had it so I bought a new one off foot. Sounds like one of the owners after me put the old one back it

Hope it gets back to full health. Loved the colour of that