Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Video camera on field

BigDaveUK

London Mayhem
Apr 4, 2008
Bishops Stortford
wasnt sure where to put this...

I`ve just bought a new video camera, and dont want it full of paint! so what can i put over it to protect it?

my guess is a normal clear plastic bag wont be strong enough if it does take a hit, and just split anyway.

and anything thicker will blur the picture?

advice please :D

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Cheapest option is a towel!

Or you could make a weather resistant cover out of some old waterproofs, one of our guys did it with the leg from a pair of over trousers for his college camera when his filmed for a project.

Or, get a trashed/old wetsuit and make your own cover, with a bit of added pounce and protection.

for my still cameras i use a combination of Storm Jackets and Wildlife Watching products from Warehouse Express, have a shufty through here http://www.warehouseexpress.com/category/basecategory.aspx?cat03=3055

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
Video guards

I have made two video camera guards easily and if I get a chance might post up the pictures of them so you can see how they are made and do the same...
Work very well and makes the video camera very secure...taken direct hits and never had probs..

rayko

WTD UK: BNIB Dream...
I have made two video camera guards easily and if I get a chance might post up the pictures of them so you can see how they are made and do the same...
Work very well and makes the video camera very secure...taken direct hits and never had probs..
If you can post photos that would be great. ATM I'm looking at all the options.

@BigDaveUK
What kit are you running?

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
Video camera guard

Simple folded aluminium with velcro front allowing for quick change of perspex front in case it gets scratched. the cut aways either side at the rear allow for camera access. Fixing to the box can be done via the tripod bush socket on the camera. There is space for spare perspex under the top section. I have different units for different cameras. patent pending...lol

easy to make..
easy to use
bright colours makes it easy for everyone to see me filming...to save a few wasted shots!

Attachments