Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Virtue OLED A1 board

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I am thinking of getting one of the above. Does anyone have one? Is it worth £150 (over the stock A1 board [mine's fly'd btw])?

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Dont know why you would want to change.

I have the stock board in my A1 Fly and it works a treat, has all the modes that I think I would ever need, and does what it needs to do.

Never used an Angel other than with a Stock Board and never had any issues.

Personally I wouldnt waste my money.

My twopenneth.

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I 'was' interested in the training modes. But if that's all £150 gets me - then I'll stay stock.

John - you prefer a microswitch over an opto? And can you still get Rabid boards?

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Can't see any point in going for the Virtue, the stock board is awesome as-is. If you really want a new board, hang on until the AR:K is released, apparently that comes with a brand new microswitched board with every bell & whistle under the sun and will be available to retrofit into A1s and Flys.

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I thought the AR:K was just a fly with a stock on the end ;)

Anyway, looks like I'll be staying stock for a while (and saving my pennies).

Thanks guys

I 'was' interested in the training modes. But if that's all £150 gets me - then I'll stay stock.

John - you prefer a microswitch over an opto? And can you still get Rabid boards?
Every time.

Microswitches are highly engineered by teams of scientists working for blue chip companies.
Opto switches are some half baked idea dreamed up by by a paintball company after a heavy LSD session.

PM Rabies on these boards to see if you can still get em.

Can't see any point in going for the Virtue, the stock board is awesome as-is. If you really want a new board, hang on until the AR:K is released, apparently that comes with a brand new microswitched board with every bell & whistle under the sun and will be available to retrofit into A1s and Flys.
I beleive that board is going to be a rabid board. But I could be mistaken.