Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

visor or no

randomlyinsane

May 8, 2002
oregon
Visit site
just curious what opinions are on whether you should wear the visor on your mask or not. i see a lot of guys going with them off, so i'm trying it and i think it looks better without anyway. but what are the advantages/disadvantages (if any)

KCJones228

Tiki Beer God
Aug 20, 2001
Albany NY
Visit site
I just recently played in a big game at West Point Military Academy without the visor on my mask. There was no problem until it started raining, the rain was running down the inside of the goggles. Now if it looks like rain the visor goes on.

I used to play with my visor on, but then removed it for one simple reason: it adds an extra 3-4 inches to your head, that will be seen way before you can get your eyes around a barricade. It also helps you sit a little tighter, no visor banging into things. Actually, I don't think anyone but our back players use them.

If you are worried about rain etc. coming in the holes at the top you can either cut down your visor or put tape over the holes.

Just find what works best for you.

goose

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
IMHO:
- You're better off without the visor.
- For rainy weather, cutting the visor sounds like a good tip. Don't know about covering the venting holes on top of the mask though.
- Get a really dark lens for bright sun days, it helps. If you end up playing the sun-in-your-face-side-of-the-field:( , best thing is to have the lens surface has clean as possible: Dust, dirt or a film of greasy stuff in the lens and you're a sitting duck.

Micah

I use a visor, mine is old and bouncy. I've had one ball break on it ever (in like 4 years) and more than 50 (I would guess) bounce off. But for some reason the new ones are really hard and break paint. Now if I had one of those I would take it off for sure.

-Micah

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
I used to play with my visor on, but then removed it for one simple reason: it adds an extra 3-4 inches to your head, that will be seen way before you can get your eyes around a barricade. It also helps you sit a little tighter, no visor banging into things. Actually, I don't think anyone but our back players use them.
I'm not sure what you mean, "it adds an extr 3-4 inches to your head"? My proteus doesn't even cover my whole head. There's usually about 3-4 inches of my head still left even though the visor is on.

I would leave it on for these reasons:

1) It DOES help keeping rain off your lens (I just reffed at a 26 hour scenario game where it did nothing but rain the whole time at it really did help a ton).
2) If you accidentally drop your mask a lot of times your visor will protect it from getting scratched.
3) Personally I think it looks cooler but again, just preference.

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Loose it dude, for most rain it doesnt work anyway, because it still sprays onto your lense.
If your playing supair, the first thying your opponents will see is you peak, it only takes one good player to spot it them BAM your out of that game.
Paintball is hard enough staying tight with a hopper on top of your gun, so make life easier loose the peak.

:D