Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Warning impending rule change in classifieds

G

Gassy

Good point mate and very well made,we will not manage to stop everything and will not catch every offender but we will do our best to keep it to a minimum.
People are asking about very small items like lenses,macroline and other small incidental items when this rule has been brought in to stop the people who go the otherway.

For example

I deleted an ego8 for sale brandnew in box that was been sold on the forum.I the got a pm asking why which also said I have another four to list would it be ok if I listed them one at a time.Another member had aload of new dm's to sell.
There are other people on the forum who use it to advertise their stores ect.. but are unwilling to pay for the privilege as the other stores do.They are along for the free ride.

The problem is that it has to be one rule for all although this rules upsets some people.Their will always be some moaners who sell one new item a year that will kick off and post non stop just to make noise(this is not aimed at you The_neB)

I hope this goes some way to explaining why it's happening.

The_neB

#42 Sneaky Snorkels 2
May 14, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs, UK
as previously mentioned the lens was just an example but thankyou for the clarification small items not being affected smacks of common sense (something i often lack)

and i also appreciated the explanation of what kind of thing had inspired the rule change - i totally agree that people who get their hands on 5 egos or DMs with the intention of selling them here for profit is shocking and should be prevented i just felt the need to point out that i feel it is a little late to be stopping them at the sale level and our efforts (as a sport) should be preventing such things from being so profitable in the first place

in conclusion, thankyou for your response it has alleviated many of my worries i was simply trying to point out that i feel that we should try to stop such things happening before they get to the sale stage - and of course i like making a little noise now n then i used to play the drums;):p:D:cool:

just wanted to see that my point was being understood

Cheers,
Ben

musefrog

looooves the snake!! :D
Hrm - what about a paintball-related item that's new but no dealers sell it? I've been weighing up starting to make DVDs of paintball matches and selling them on here (I still don't know if it'll cover costs) - would I need to make a webshop on another site and take out advertisment banners here, instead of selling the DVDs in the classifieds?

G

Gassy

come back when you have filmed some events edited the footage and have something to sell that people might want to buy.

Filming Uk paintball then selling it will be a feat of epic proportions fella.

G

Gassy

This rule change is in effect as from Now.

Take note and there is no pleading innocence.You had several weeks warning of the change.