Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Warped present Plague

Neo10367

lone gunner now
ok going to get my arse into gear and book in to this,but will have to do on mon/tue coz i dont know my work commitments till then,will there still be spaces available then.Also if and when i phone to book will there be some1 there to advise on a bottle issue,will i have to pick a side when i book or will this be decided on the day cheers

SGM Matt

Jan 18, 2007
Registration Info- Please Read

The plague is almost here! Upon arrival, players will need to register to pay outstanding entry balances and obtain a players pass. To ensure a smooth registration process, please remember the following:

Please arrive promptly

Site open from 7.00 am
Registration opens 7.45am
(Players should not arrive later than 8.30am)
Game start at 9.45am

Parking next to staging area will be limited, spaces will be allocated 1st come, 1st served.

Have your booking confirmation and payable balances ready.
(please ensure that group bookings are registered by the booker)

Don’t forget your disclaimer (attached to your confirmation email).
please complete all disclaimers BEFORE attending registration.

Warped Club Members: Don’t forget your membership card! you will need to
produce your Warped club membership card to obtain the members discounts.

SGM Matt

Jan 18, 2007
ok going to get my arse into gear and book in to this,but will have to do on mon/tue coz i dont know my work commitments till then,will there still be spaces available then.Also if and when i phone to book will there be some1 there to advise on a bottle issue,will i have to pick a side when i book or will this be decided on the day cheers
Neo, just give us a ring and all your questions will be answered:)

Speak to you soon.

Neo10367

lone gunner now
ok ive booked and spoke to matt about my bottle prob,so i thought i would post it up,basically the date on my bottle is 2004/10 which according to hpac at LOTR event said it runs out at the end of oct this year which is sat,Matt reckons it should be ok to use but wont know untill the air surpilers on the day look at it,so asking just in case any if any1 has a spare bottle i can borrow on the day just in case they reject it.

I would have got it retested before this game but only just decided to go and had no plans to play again this year and was waiting to get it retested early next year,anyway thanks in advance and see you all sat:D

SGM Matt

Jan 18, 2007
Good news!

The site cafe will be open all day from 7am, offering a whole range of tasties including; bacon sarnies, sausage sarnies, burgers, hotdogs, pies, pasties and LOADS of other assorted snackery!

SGM Matt

Jan 18, 2007
Thanks for the feedback guys, glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Thanks to all 200 players for rocking up on Saturday and making it one hell of a Halloween battle!

Stage 1: Infection

Facing off in the morning, we had 2 bands of plague survivors, each lead by a valiant and visionary leader; Steve “Psycho” Bull leading the Blues and Scott “Tango” Bullock leading the Reds. The survivors’ primary goal for the morning was to establish a foothold on Cosford Science Station by controlling as many of the 3 safe haven installations as possible. Of course, life is never that simple; roaming the grounds of the base were the Wretched- a small group of predatory plague zombies ready to pounce on any unwary prey that came their way…

Both bands fought fiercely taking a safe haven each early on and then contesting the third. Directed with enthusiasm by their leaders (who took great pleasure in unleashing the surprises granted by completion of the secondary objectives upon the opposition forces) the teams battled on, with the reds eventually having to concede ground to a cunning outflanking maneuver by the blues. Ultimately, despite several brave rallying moves by Tango and the reds, the blue survivors took the morning, having dominated the control of the safe havens by two to one, thus establishing a solid foothold on the base.

Stage 2: Gestation

Little did both forces know that the Plague was about to rear its head- the survivors that had suffered attacks from the Wretched “zombies”, having contracted the Plague, now became savage mutations themselves! The state of play was no longer survivor versus survivor, but Infected versus Uninfected- the battle for humanity was on!

The second session now found Tango leading the Uninfected in a desperate mission to defend a small contingent of Research Scientists on a cliff-top position from Psycho and his ravening hordes of Infected. This was a real clash of the titans; with the Infected surging over the river and up onto the cliff top, very nearly overwhelming the Uninfected completely; a determined counter-attack was all that saved their hides. It’s a rare thing to see so many players repeatedly throwing themselves at each other like it was at the top of that cliff- it was awesome! :D

Stage 3: Kill or Cure

The final act of our little Halloween horror, found both teams fighting for possession of the only cure for the Plague; the Infected to destroy it, and the Uninfected to disperse it into the atmosphere and save human kind. It was a close run thing :)
Both Leaders pursued the secondary missions, meaning LOTS of directed air-strike style attacks flying about and opening up the field all over.

Tango’s Uninfected pushed hard up the centre field, using organised charges to gain ground and contest their objective, nearly winning the game early on but being pushed back a minute before the countdown expired by a nicely coordinated Infected counter strike; well done- Psycho. The Infected commando teams sneaking through the orchard was also a nice idea – there were some awesome firefights in those trees! Before the Uninfected could get back-doored, however, they used those mad charges to push the objective and defend it until the end of the countdown; Antidote dispersed and Humanity saved! Unlucky to all you Infected zombies!

A few shout outs due:

Scott “Tango” Bullock and Steve “Psycho” Bull - The Leaders for the day. I think you’ll agree that both of these fellas really got stuck in and contributed some really unique personalities to a cracking day. Thanks boys!

The Wretched- this group of brave/mildly unhinged souls played the roles of the Plague ridden zombies for the morning session. They took a lot of fire and also gave as good as they got in the name of spreading the Plague. Respect!

The Research Scientists – Another group of brave/mental souls that played the living objectives for the midday session. It was REALLY hectic at the top of the cliff and you’ve got to be made of stern stuff to fight from the front when YOU are the mission objective!

Liam “The Sacrificial Lamb”- Player of the day, and sporting a few impressive war wounds (check out the pics). Although EVERYONE played a blinder, Liam did it without a gun on more than one occasion, just so his mates could get the kills while he was getting mullered. And was still smiling at the end of it all- if that ain’t the spirit of paintball, what is? ;)

Sean; aka “Freddy Krueger” – Best Dressed. Freddy Krueger. Playing ball like a good ‘un. Need I say more? :)

Pictures are up at:
http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii178/WarpedClub/Plague 2009/
Check 'em out. If anyone has any more, get them to us and we will get them posted up here too.

All in all, a game to remember and a good way to spend Halloween, methinks! Next stop is the Warped Christmas Bash! Info available soon... :D