Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

wat shud i do

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Originally posted by Fi$h - Nexus Eclipse
If someone tells you that shooting off the break is useless on an airball field, simply just call the police...They'll look after him
If you are a point player/50 monkey and your team aint spraying paint over ur head something is fundimentally wrong! Sweetspotting is what gets the front guys in and cracks open the game from the word go.

Fi$h
word!
i get very worried if its quiet behind me on a break! then once i hit my mark its time to open up and stay on that trigger!!!

although if the field has a nice big centre 50 bunker you can unload as you casually walk up to it! yes WALK to the 50

hopper ball is the way to go! aim to take out the other team without having to reload.....just cane paint at em off the break, it works! first few tournies i played we were making our primaries but not hitting anything on breaks....now we take at least 2 most breaks and still get our front men in and in a 5 man particularly that gives you a massive advantage

psycho

Baggin ain't easy!
Apr 2, 2003
Stoneys Basement
Totally depends on the field and where your goin dude, if its possible/safe to shoot whilst goin to your bunker then shoot, dumb not to. But if you goin on some crazy run to a bunker then get sprinting dude. If you walk the field properlu you can figure it out no probs!!:D

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
The break is the only point in the game where your opponents cannot dictate what your going to do. What your break and zoning plan is may often depend on the field layout. Some of the best breaks we ever performed are the ones where we didn't Seven men at the start gate, 5 shooting lanes the other 2 shooting the oppositions starting gate. Shot all their zoners out (in like 10 secs) and that left their front boyz asses hanging out with 0 cover. Of course you do this 7 times in a day and people cotton on to it and we got raped when the last team of the day all broke to the 40 before we could make our primaries......DOH!

The point is the break is one of the most important parts of the game, front boys shouldn't always be going for the 50 if it means a high probability your going to get betokened going in. Or if there's a big ass X in the middle of the field, some of you are going to have to break and then zone. Anybody seen those crazy X ball style break outs where they like break and then Zone from what appears to be way out in the open. Crazy looking zen sh*t, however that comes from proper field walking, planning and identifying shooting lanes (and knowing the blind spots). If you can exert enough pressure onto your opponents at the start of the game and ruin they're break plan, you should have better field position and dominance. This does rely on all members of your team doing what they should. If you have dominated the breakout, the bunker monkeys should be getting up into their secondaries and in the faces of your opponents or exerting enough pressure (or drawing gats), to get the remaining back boys in, reloaded and raining paintball death back down on the other team. From there its sayonara princess. But once you've identified and planned your break and zoning plan Stick To It!!!

There's no definite correct answer unless you can't shoot for sh*t, and in that case get a Pt extreme and head for the 50 boyeee.

ices

Banned
Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
If your team has no-one shooting off the break, or very few, then your chances of getting to your spot is severely decreased.

For a fronty, its a deadbox sentence.

Protect the monkey!!!