Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wearing a GoPro

Style

Oct 26, 2011
I should have replied earlier, showing what i've done.

I've used a GoPro Camera mount and shaved off the edges to be able to easily screw it through the vents.
The result was this :

Which worked great with testing, i've not been able to field test it yet though as i've not been paintballing.

I did however get myself a 3d printer so I printed myself a mount :

This new mount does not need as many joins from the standard mounts and is more central. I've tested it while holding my marker and nothing so far seems to obscure the vision. I have a very good eye view without blocking my vision from my mask as well.

I'll be able to test this on Sunday in the field.

cambojnr

People on here are tighter than a nuns nunny.
Jun 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
That mount from the printer looks really good. You should maybe do a how to video our thread and quite possibly sell those mounts with permission from the higher ups, maybe even experiment with other goggles as if you could make one for JT spectra frames I would buy one. How much it cost to make as I would not mind experimenting with on on some spectra frames, as would be more than happy to buy one to try out as is brilliant, as I will not use the head strap cause its hard to get on without the risk of damaging the foam.

Style

Oct 26, 2011
I have a Spectra mask myself however the area where the breathing holes are is quite flimsy, on the I4 these are quite tough and give some very strong support.
I made the print from a thingiverse.com project so I cannot sell them unfortunately, When I printed it I had to 'hack' it up a bit to make it fit too - my Dremmel got some good use! It's very solid and strong though, printed in ABS plastic.

I could provide some videos for the first and second versions though if people wanted them, the first us used using standard GoPro arm mounts though I cut down the screws to keep a smaller profile.

cambojnr

Jun 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Get what you mean with the spectra, maybe some one with mad CAD skills could design a one to be printed of which has the a lot prongs that peaks have to go through a lot of different holes which would make its stronger.

Style

Oct 26, 2011
I just took a look at my Spectra again (great mask, done me well for a number of years) If you block up too many holes for stability you'll end up blocking the air flow which I expect you would need to do. I could try doing the same as what I have with the I4 but the peak will get in the way at the back and the front so would need a complete removal - easily done.
I do expect that the GoPro would be too heavy though and sag to much or wobble excessively.

cambojnr

Jun 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I just took a look at my Spectra again (great mask, done me well for a number of years) If you block up too many holes for stability you'll end up blocking the air flow which I expect you would need to do. I could try doing the same as what I have with the I4 but the peak will get in the way at the back and the front so would need a complete removal - easily done.
I do expect that the GoPro would be too heavy though and sag to much or wobble excessively.
It would only block a few holes in one area, and with double strap and the fact I do not use peaks i do not see it being a problem, even when I put a hat over all the holes during rain, it has never fogged on Me our cause any problems, will just have to try if I can design one on a computer and get it printed.

Style

Oct 26, 2011
If you can design one, i'm happy to print it and show you the results in my Spectra then work out the rest after.
I've been using Blender/OpenSCAD so far.

Style

Oct 26, 2011
I've not made any yet as i've not had time, I plan on making a vid on how I set it up with the standard GoPro mount pieces.

phira

May 24, 2014
I had some success mounting the GoPro on the gun barrel with a handlebar mount