Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Wearing Glasses Under Masks

Discussion in 'Tactics and Technique' started by jumbaleo, Apr 5, 2014.

1. liamgreen09 Active Member

liamgreen09
    Message Count:
  2. ToniH New Member

ToniH
    Message Count:
    I used to wear glasses under the mask, my glasses are pretty big wide+high hipster styles. I had some problems with my glasses getting fogged. I didn't use any sprays.

I just bought a small pack of contact lenses to test out in paintball. I'm never going back using glasses in paintball again.

Spikerz likes this.
  3. Spikerz Well-Known Member

Spikerz
    Message Count:
    I have pretty small glasses, and they get stuck in my vio when I take it off and sort of get squished with it on. Not bad, but a little annoying. Seriously going to talk to the doc about laser eye surgery as he said I'm a good candidate for it. Hate, hate, hate glasses heh.

4. Natexxo Aberdeen University Paintball Society (AUPS)

Natexxo
    Message Count:
    Me and another team mate are blessed with needing glasses, and we both manage comfortably with Proflexes.. As far as lenses go, the closer to your face the better, but my glasses are quite large square frames and they still fit well.

The only thing I would say is, having that extra "lense" in there will mean you're gonna fog up a lot more than usual. If you can get a fan for your mask that might help, but, unless your vision is truly awful, I find playing sans glasses is just easier... Even if it does require a couple more leading shots.

5. Gee Tee 1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick

Gee Tee
    Message Count:
    smaller glasses frames fit better in most goggles, and allow more room for air to circulate. My glasses always fog up more that the goggles, so I use either cat crap or mucoff defog. Also two sets of goggles (JTflex and Vforce vantage) have fan kits installed as a back up

6. JLMoore Member

JLMoore
    Message Count:
    Some nice info for the more visually impaired like myself lol

7. flash323334 Member

flash323334
    Message Count:
    i started wearing glasses not too long ago and everytime i take my mask off the glasses stay in the goggles so i have given up completely! blind paintball anyone?

8. Glorykid The One and Only

Glorykid
    Message Count:
    Tried Catcrap... really good stuff!!!

9. Gee Tee 1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick

Gee Tee
    Message Count:
    Cat crap is really good but I've been using this for last two seasons and it's better IMO

[​IMG]

10. Orinoco Platinum Member

Orinoco
    Message Count:
    In the end I just have up and used contact because while they are a hassle to put in, they end up being comfortable after a while. However if you carnt wear contacts try as many masks as possible and go from there