Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What are the positions of the team

Basically dude, ya got 3: Back, mid/insert and front.

You can then sub divide your back guys into back center and back corner, and your front guys into front center and front tape.

So in a 7-Man you might have, depending on tha field...

Back Corner Back Center Back Corner

Mid insert

Front tape Front center Front tape

All depends on fields an' teams - some teams will have two in back center, two mids and only one up front and will look to bump their mids and one of tha back centers up quickly; some teams will always play two mids and two up front etc.

richardmawer

Playing since 1986 - Still shooting fools
May 15, 2003
Lincolnshire
digitalmediaedge.co.uk
Agree with pretty much all of this - you want to get onto as many sites as possible and talk to as many players as possible and build up a picture of the role of each position - there is a great article in this months PGI on Front and Back Players with good advice from two Pro NXL players on their roles in these positions.

Basically you have :-

Corner Back
Centre Back
Insert / Mid
Front

Each field will dictate who plays where. Again don't stereo type your players too much with a tag of "Back Player" or "Front Player" - make sure all your players become rounded players who are comfortable anywhere on the field and then watch who is naturally better in a certain position - you will find some players on your team just move better than others - some are more aggressive and some are naturally good communicaters - this is so important !!!

Then once you have a balanced team you can start to focus on the roles each player needs to fill in a game - or tactics !!!

Rich

fuxup

JAGUAR XS
Sep 19, 2002
USA
Visit site
If you look at a football game and how they play say 4 ,4,3 or 5,4,2 then basically on most fields in 7 man you would be playing say 3,2,2 .
3 at the back (both corners and 1 centre ) 2 mids could be 1 on the left and right (depends on field lay out) and then you will have your 2 fronts same again 1 on the left and right .Read all the p8nt classroom stuff and anything else you can get your hands on,also watch as many games as possible it gives you an unbelievable insight and depth of the game and how it can be played .

John_Wilson

Will mark for money!
May 22, 2002
Visit site
You've all missed my position out! dead box!

way we did this at the inter-uni was cos I have knackered knees I had to be at the back, our smallest fastest went on the tapes ( note small isn't important but fast is!) and then we played around and through out the day we mixed around, I even hung the flag!)

I think its the best way to do it, first tourney just mess around with positions, one of our players started out as back and now hes eaten less he's "volunteered" to play mid.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
new game style,
you got one loud b@stard who can shoot a lot of paint and direct traffic, and you got 6 angry midgets who wish to kill every living thing in site.

Seriously, the old school conventions are dissappearing, now you're getting very small bunkers on the back line, and back corner bunkers are sometimes the hardest bunker to get to!

L J

big big titties
Originally posted by Red_Merkin
Seriously, the old school conventions are dissappearing, now you're getting very small bunkers on the back line, and back corner bunkers are sometimes the hardest bunker to get to!
RPS field at campaign:rolleyes: also on the angel field, one site bar the 50, was completely low, maybe about a foot and a halo high:(

Oct 30, 2001
G Unit
Visit site
these days mate the exodus is run

we dont really have any back players i try to get all the team playing in every possition as i feel that players should be able to play anywhere on the field if it be insert or 50 on the break doesnt really matter as long as each player can play the game weather they are back right or front left..

anyways
good luck mate
steve