Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What compressor will work?

DSONYX99

Oct 26, 2001
Rapid City, SD
Visit site
I am somewhat new to paintballing, and have a few q's.

1. Will my 5hp 20gal. Coleman/Powermate compressor will work on the various air systems?

2. If so, what adaptors or regulators do I need on my compressor and gun?

3. Can all guns accept compressed air? If not, which makes can? Tippman?

4. The regulator on my comp. only goes to 250 psi (i think). Will this work on a Max-Flow 3000psi tank (for example)?

5. What are the +/- of compressed air?

Thank you for any responses.

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
Dude!

I'm afraid to say that your compressor is no use for paintball! A 3000 psi tank should be filled to 3000psi. As the pressure drops, your markers ability to work is reduced. They all have a working pressure, which is the presure that fills the valve. Once this pressure is lower than the working presure of the marker then the marker stops. Even very low pressure markers need about 175psi to keep going. From 250psi fill on a low presure marker you'll get about 50 shots .

Your best bet is to look for dive tanks and a dive shop to fill them. That way you can get a tank filled to at least 200bar (which will fill a 3000psi tank no problem). Or failing that somewhere that can fill a dive tank to 200bar.

Adaptors in use are Air America (the main one) and Govnair (very rare!). Chances are you have AA.

All guns can except air providing the reg is setup for it

Air or CO2? It's a choice thing really. CO2 will give you more shots per fill but air is a lot easier to use and does not have cold weather problems.

Track down a pro shop or a local tourny for advise! Good balling!

dam-dangerous

ian - uk chameleons
Jul 6, 2001
sheffield
www.damdangerous.co.uk
im not sure if this is what your getting at , but

if your compressor fills a 50 litre tank to 250 psi, this will only fill your air system to 250 psi.
volume in this case is irelivent.
if you dump a 100,million liter tank at 250 psi in to a 1.1 liter tank, the presure will only stabalise between the 2.
it can only be increased in presure by a compresor of some kind.
when you fill an air system to 3000psi from a tank you are only transfering air presure.
1000 in 1 tank relates to 1000 in the other.
to confuse things a little more, every time you transfer air, you reduce the content of air therefor reducing the presure.

so to answer your question, no your compresor is insuficiant to cope with the needs of your airsystem.

ian.