Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What do you get for being a Platinum Member?

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I might be missing something but I couldn't see it explained anywhere..

I used to be a plat member back when the scheme first started, before i stepped out of paintball and my membership lapsed. Now I'm trying to get myself back in the loop I thought it may be an idea to rejoin. I can see that Plat members still get access to their own sub-forum, signatures and of course the shiny logo. What else (if anything) does one get? Back in the day you used to get stuff like stickers, barrel sock and a PGI subscription so I was wondering what are the benefits these days?

Thanks

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Hi guys,

Well, it's been a while, and we know there are those of you who thought it'd never happen, but finally we've got around to making some changes behind the scenes and the new Plat Club is born.

When we initially launched Plat Club we honestly didn't expect that it would become as big and as popular as it has done. The forums are now busier, with more members and more traffic, than ever before so we feel that it's right to relaunch Plat Club to reflect this. We have constantly striven to give Plat's a little bit extra and improve the forum benefits as they became available and what you guys can do now is much improved on when it was initially launched. So basically this is a chance for us to wrap all this up together and relaunch Plat, with a couple of tweaks.

So what'll change? Well, firstly and most important, any and all benefits available to new members will also be for existing members. So to all existing Plats, please don't feel some johnny-come-lately is getting a better deal. The biggest difference, is that we're introducing a "lifetime member" option. Basically rather than having to renew every year, you pay once and are guaranteed the best forum benefits forever. We hope this will be much easier for people, and prevent a lot of renewal problems. We are also making Plat club purely forum based, again to prevent any delays and renewal troubles.

So, what is the new package? Well here are the new Plat Club forum upgrades. As a whole this is basically the benefits that Plats currently enjoy on the forums, although there are a few things that people may well not be aware of, so we're going to highlight them for completeness.

12 month Platinum membership

Larger Profile picture - 150x250 NEW
Larger Avatar - 100x100
PM Limit - 400
Max Number of PM recipients - 10 UPGRADED
User photo albums - 20mb of space (different to attachments, see example HERE) NEW
Ability to style your personal profile (go HERE to see how) NEW*
Ability to post polls (Plat only)
Ability to rate threads (Plat only)
Coloured username
Picture attachments - 20mb of space
Can post events to calendar
Trusted seller feedback thread
Plat member classifieds

Cost - now only £8 for 12 months

Lifetime Platinum membership

Larger Profile picture - 150x250 NEW
Larger Avatar - 100x100
PM Limit - 1000 UPGRADED
Max Number of PM recipients - 30 UPGRADED
User photo albums - 30mb of space (different to attachments, see example HERE)NEW
Ability to style your personal profile (go HERE to see how) NEW*
Ability to post polls (Plat only)
Ability to rate threads (Plat only)
Coloured username
Picture attachments - 20mb of space
Can post events to calendar
Trusted seller feedback thread
Plat member classifieds
Special lifetime member badge

Cost - £20 one-off payment**

Can't wait?

*new since recent forum upgrade
** through a quirk of the software the lifetime option shows as "only" 29 years, but ignore that, I'm trying to get that sorted...
There ya go bud.