The Home Of European Paintball

What happened at the players party???

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Toulouse Player Party

I did not go because I did not want to cause a stampede amongst the females who attended but I have it on good authority the club that hosted the event unfortunately had a dress code and did not allow people who wore trainers, Jeans and cut downs which pretty much saw off half of the paintballers right there.
Nobody's fault, just a breakdown in communication, that's all.
All in all, the event, I have to say, was by far the best paintball tournament I have ever seen in my life.
I think you had to have been there to appreciate it, everything and I mean everything was spot on, it could not have been better.
Well I suppose the team I play for, Backlash, could have won it, that would have made it better but that's another story
Laterz Mortalz :)
Robbo

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
pfew, that wa close......

I'm very happy to hear that it was not another incident, and even more so that it was actually non-paintball related. Unfortunately over these past few months there appeared to be a trent for things to go horribly wrong at the millennium series. These incidents were out of the control of the organisers, but they reflected badly on them anyway (the thrashing of the hotel lobby, the no show refs, the face shooting incident). The team that I play with is a new team, and at the moment we're busy getting the squad ready to enter the millennium series. Next season we want to be in there for most of the legs of the series. You might understand that if things kept going bad, that some novice teams would be discouraged from entering in the series, which would mean that there would be no new up and coming players/teams anymore, which in the long run would spell the end of paintball in Europe, since there would be nobody left to take over from the players that are currently the top dogs. I think most of you understand what I'm talking about.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Bad Behaviour

Hi Bud,
whenever and wherever you get something like a thousand hairy assed males thrown together, you are always going to get something happen.
The incidents in my opinion, in the scheme of things, have been minor and extremely infrequent and are certainly not representative of the sport as a whole.
I think paintball is in real good shape right now and after attending Toulouse, I am even more confident the sport will break into the big time.
When you sit amongst something like 4000 spectators, who are all cheering and screaming, half of whom are not even paintballers, it tends to make even the hardened sceptics think again about how our sport will be perceived.
The future looks good, the future looks Laurent Hamet :)
Robbo

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Good point Robbo!

I quite agree with what you say, unfortunately it is always the small group of idiots that ruin things for the vast majority. The reason I brought these things up is this: I was not present at any of the incidents mentioned, but they got so much 'attention' on these forums that it might seem to outsiders that they put a major smudge on the events. I'm glad to hear from people who were there that it were only minor incidents, but me and my team were planning to go to the millennium series next season anyway. One other point that you raise is the future of paintball. Working for a paintball distributor as I do, I can verify that paintball is definately looking up for the future, but it is at times like these that we (those who represent paintball, either as players or as companies) to be extra careful, a sport that is starting to get public recognition is a fragile entity (I think you will agree with me on that).
From the dealings that I've had with laurent Hamet through my job I must admit that he is indeed a person who's got the right combination of business savvy and love for paintball, we need more like him. The only thing that I can think of that speaks against him, is the fact that he is French :p (well sort of, anyway). (by the way, that's a joke for all you politically correct bozoes out there.

P.S. when we happen to be attending the same event(s), you are more than welcome to punish Diggie (from the previous posting) for his insolence, I could even tell you where to find him during a tourney (given the fact he's in my team ;) ). Just kidding Diggie, you know I got your back, on the field, and off. Just don't go picking fights with people twice as big as you, okay?

Kitch

Super'5ives'Man
Jul 10, 2001
Sexy South
Visit site
:( When we approached the only english speaking bouncer he said they would allow jeans and trainers, but the minimum age was about 30. Add to this the bar running dry of beer at 10:30 things could have been better! Still C'est la vie, at least we got Birdy to try and make it across the pole for 200ff :)

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
I'm afraid there was an incident at the Players Party. Why do we alsways seem to have a few idiots that cause problems for everyone else?

Let's set the picture, the party was held at what once used to be an aqua park, everything started off with a free bar outside under sun parasols and between large pools. Everyone was having fun and there's a log across the pools so occasionally people were entertaining the crowd and trying to walk across the log, most made it one failed :)

The best walking across the beam was by a hug rat that then proceeded to scare the living daylights out of all the people at the other end of the log... before doing laps around the pool...

Anyway, while all this was going on some idiot, who should have been caught and held under the pool, decided to trash the urinals in the outside toilets. This obviously pissed off the management who then became very strict on who they would and would not let into the club. There was also an over 25 rule (having grey hair is useful ID!) and trainers were allowed at the discretion but after the earlier incident they were being picky about who they let in.

But lets not let that detract from the event, which was by all accounts amazing. I agree with Robbo above, the future is Laurent Hamet, what he has done in Toulouse is what paintball needs, the atmosphere and the people that stayed around was something else. If you missed it I'm sorry guys, just make sure you are there next year!

manike