Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What if.....

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
There was a series of limited paint tournaments, like the type WDP put on in the 90's, and the type Bully put on?

I realise that we have plenty of events on the calendar at it is, so I'm not suggesting that it is a standalone series, more of one that could be "piggybacked" on an existing set of events.

I ask because the current "Race" format is a young man's game, and limited paint may appeal to a broader, older and less fit customer base.

It may also involve a bit more movement rather than just shooting lanes.

Reactions: toecutter and G4z

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
In my experience, there is 0 interest.

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
Yeah, I know.......I had a team all set to play the limited paint event you guys were putting on, but as you know it didn't happen.

But the 7 man was very good!

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
Wasn't it the "No battlepack" series WDP/Bully ran yonks ago ?
Then Bully went on to run his own events,Series2000 or something like that.

But it would be good to see a National 5 man woodland series based in the midlands running standardized centre flag rules.

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
Tim Taylor ran a series of them in the early 90's I think you got a box of paint it may have been two boxes, I can't remember. for the team (5man) for the day, it was up to you how much you used per game. that was the days you got 2500 in a box.
you had a round robin and then semi finals and then finals,
I played two events with the brothers in arms and one event for the Preds, all three times we made it to the final play off and every event we had loads of paint left , I think in one event we had so much paint left that the preds and the brothers in arms played 3 games in the final.
was back in the days of the sterling though.
The fluffy pink angels also did limited paint events were you were restricted to 100 balls per game. again back in the really early 90's.
but paint back then was £100 a box, we thought we got it really cheap when we played the mayhems and only paid £80 a box.
now we get paint at £16 to £20 a box and people bitch about the cost.
Kids these days :)

Reactions: Bolter and Andy

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
Wasn't it the "No battlepack" series WDP/Bully ran yonks ago ?
Then Bully went on to run his own events,Series2000 or something like that.

But it would be good to see a National 5 man woodland series based in the midlands running standardized centre flag rules.
Bully ran the "No Battlepack" series for some time, and it was very successful in its time.

WDP ran the "Atlantic Star" & "Forest Nationals" - actually, they ran 5, 6, 7 & 10 man limited paint events.

But, we were dealing with a different format and a different mindset back then - now, we expected to shoot boxes of paint holding lanes until we get a kill.

At the CPPS 7 man last year - which was the last event I played outdoors - I was averaging 5/6 kills a game, and using about 50 balls a game. I just moved a lot.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
We played Dan Bonebrakes Pan Am series in 2000-2001 it was 200 paintballs per player per game. Everyone came onto the field with two 100 round pods. Filled hoppers up and gave the remainder to the back guys. It was loads of fun.