Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What is there to be learned from playing Call of Duty and other 1st person shooters?

Hibby

Aug 12, 2010
once i learned how to drop shot in real life...
no paintball could touch me :D

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
If you hesitate in a FPS your usually end up dead and the same usually happens in Tourny play.

In a FPS go wide then go foward and usally put you in a good position the same as in Woodsball.

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
Learning how other people think can be a key factor in both gaming and real life.
if you can second guess what a player is going to do on either format, you've a better chance of winning that battle.

other things like on COD you can see where one of your players has died, you can try and figure out where they've been shot from and either avoid the same outcome, or use it to your advantage. the same can be said of paintball if you see one of your players has been shot, try and figure out what that means to you and your team

Coming into this from a competitive and clan gaming point of view I believe there is very little to learn even though I have played with/ against highly ranked and respected teams eg optic, fear etc. I to play at this level teamwork and cons is peak as all the players are so good, this has helped me in balling as cons and teamwork are useful and quite necessary aswell. The only other things I've learnt is: controlling spawns (scenario), learning fields, camping not very good, and running from the start into them doesn't help noone and you'll die.
this ^^

The importance of learning the maps is totally evident in COD. I can come back into any COD game, with my aiming rusty and do well just due to superior map knowledge.

Secondly teamwork. If a team were to play cod together using mics then it might help a little when on the field... Also team bonding too!

Phase'd

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2011
Staffordshire
All the CODs taught me one thing, 360's look a lot easyer on the game than doing in real life, well with-out getting shot in the arse of course :L

movingcanvass

couldn't stay away!
Jan 8, 2009
nottingham
i think using paintball techniques such as shoot and move and snapping help alot on duty, and theyre part of the reason i average 30 kills a game. try it