Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

What really is sponsorship?

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by smelly pete, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Collier Arsed?

Collier
    Message Count:
    And that 1 kid tells his mates and his mates tell his mates. etc etc

Look at this board as an example, remember that thread slating Zaps Chronic. If you were a newbie and came on here and saw that would you be suggestiong to your team who are on a limited budget, "lets buy Chronic??"

Paul.

2. nickp Active Member

nickp
    Message Count:
    what they are saying is that alot of the sponsorship is just directed marketing, selling direct to a team as opposed to through a store..

3. TJ Lambini New Member

TJ Lambini
    Message Count:
    Yeh but Paul, you're still talking bout a coupla kids - and even then the second of third one he tells is gonna say 'No way dude - I want an Angel like tha Rock. It's tha best gun. Period.'

Tony - yep, thass what I'm saying fair and square. Sponsor the best. Take soccer - Beckham's sponsored, is the striker of Bishop Auckland?

Although there are exceptions like Team Maxim, Royal Rat Rangers, Femmes Fatales, all PGI writers and staff etc.

4. Collier Arsed?

Collier
    Message Count:
    Ok new take on it, Advertising costs money, as Baca has said the paint companies make more from us 'sposored teams' then they do from a retailer, so thus they're in a win win situation.

Hows that??

Paul.

5. TJ Lambini New Member

TJ Lambini
    Message Count:
    Begs the question as to what is sponsorship again.

OK, let's rephrase it -who should get free stuff? The best, and tha honorable exceptions mentioned above.

If companies want to sell to teams in tha way you're talking about and both parties accept that as sponsorship, then everyone's happy.

6. Collier Arsed?

Collier
    Message Count:
    Me! :D 'cos I'm a companies dream consumer!

Paul.

[EDIT] bet you couldn't see that one coming!

:D

7. Baca Loco Ex-Fun Police

Baca Loco
    Message Count:
    Whut!?

I say again, what?! Hang on, now. First nobody tells me about the pool and girls until 26 lets it slip and now I suppose there's some sort of probationary period before the sponsorships start rolling in? :rolleyes:

8. Munkeh Planet of the Apes

Munkeh
    Message Count:
    But no-one has mentioned yet that "full" sponsership includes getting paid to actually advertise a said companies Products! Take Beckam again as an example he gets what? Say 20 mil per year from his contract but then he gets about half that again from being sponsered by the like of Police, Nike, Brylcream etc! He doesn't just get a pair of sunglasses and a tub of hair gel and told to be on his way! :rolleyes:

9. Collier Arsed?

Collier
    Message Count:

lol wouldn't it be fantastic if he did though I'm lmao here!!!

Paul
    :D :D

10. Baca Loco Ex-Fun Police

Baca Loco
    Message Count:
    Actually--

I didn't say anything about paint specifically 'cus it's rather a different kettle of fish. All the paint boys are very, very cagey about their costs and the "value" of sponsorships then depends on who you're getting it from as most paint companies deal with distributors as a middle man between producers and retailers. Fundamentals still apply but it gets trickier to figure.