Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

What really is sponsorship?

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by smelly pete, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Collier Arsed?

Collier
    Message Count:
    Actually--

sorry for the mis quote.

Paul
    :)

[Not a problem, just a clarification. :D You have had a visit from the Ghost Cow. Count your blessings.]

2. Matski SO hot right now

Matski
    Message Count:
    Sponsorship is basically advertising, there is a long term potential gain from investing in a good team. If teams do well, their gonna be featured in magazines, covered in all your logos and using your gear. Now instead of having to pay pgi money for several full page adverts, youve got your product advertised for free and associated with winning players.
    TJ's right, companys only fully sponsor teams if the kind of return they get outweighs the cost of sponsoring the team. Giving avalanche a few million paintballs a year is nothing to Diablo compared against the amount of coverage their brand will get.
    This is why outside industry still dosnt sponsor paintball teams. High energy drinks like lucozade can easily be associated with pball teams but lucozade sponsor football and other sports with much greater coverage.
    Lets hope they can see the potential with X-ball.

3. Mark UK Cougars

Mark
    Message Count:
    Ok its Friday and so far this post of yours got overlooked (wasn't much of a reply to it anyway). the third paragraph about exposure for Euro teams....we did get european coverage but since the change in tack of PGI (ok I know that advertising pays for the pages) none or very very little coverage of anything remotely english, french, scandinvian etc etc. So now as europeans we are in a Catch 22 situation regardless of skill level. Elsewhere in this thread it has been said about accountabilty in so far as always being there playing the game and giving sound advice (Andy pro's are human beings but often appear to be aloof, plus all the "hell yeah dude !!" antics make a lot of people laugh.....do you laugh at a guy in the pub acting the fool then go and ask him what he recomends for your next drink?).
    Ok it is friday as said at the beginning but at least try and keep it sensible and not argue for the sake of it :D

4. Maggot Who ate all the pies?

Maggot
    Message Count:
    Outside sponsorship

I get a free McBacon Roll with every Breakfast Value Meal I buy. Does this count as sponsorship from McDonalds?? I need all the help I can get maintaining the perfect bounce-every-time paintball body.....:D

5. ez-rhino Free the Bracknell 7

ez-rhino
    Message Count:
    Sponsorship is positive support, either through discounted products, training, marker servicing, kit, technical advice and back up.

Anything thats makes it easier to play or improves on something

6. smelly pete Member

smelly pete
    Message Count:
    i take issue with the above quote by TJ Lambini,
    Dye Precision fully sponsor Escarmouche Ireland, we are a fully sponsored team, i dont think Dye sponsor us or any other teams unless they see a benefit.

7. Rich S Platinum Member

Rich S
    Message Count:
    Currently...

i've been away from the forums for a couple of weeks, please explain this 'rushers are no more' - what, when, why?

also

many teams get supported by companies, ie they get cheaper stuff, few are sponsored (everything is paid for)

8. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
    Message Count:
    Rushers RIP

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10222&highlight=Rushers

The short answer is that the players who played for Team England in the Nations Cup are now playing for a team called Nexus, this leaves the Rushers short of their best players and, it is rumoured, though I don't know exactly how true it is)disbannded.

I wouldn't call only "Everything payed for" deals sponsorship... I guess it shows how little concensus there is!

Cya Sat,

Richard

9. John Molloy Jedi Master

John Molloy
    Message Count:
    I know a snow boarder up in scotland who is sponsored by a well known British airline, he gets a slight reduction in fares but still flies with other airlines cos its cheaper. The only reason he's sponsored is cos it looks good for the share holders.

10. Liz New Member

Liz
    Message Count:
    Rushers RIP

Well, seeing as how some of the Rushers started a thread on the boards here announcing the fact that they were no more, it's pretty clear that they have disbanded (sniff, sniff).
    So Rushers RIP, along with Banzai.