Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What the hells happened to this reg?

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
I've bought a new bottle (Not from anyone on this site) and it's arrived with a dented reg and what looks to me like corrosion/burn marks. Could anyone shine a light on the situation and let me know what the hell has possibly happened to the reg?
It looks to me like the dumb ass has dropped it? It's also been out of date for 3 years.... Will that effect me when getting a retest? I thought I was getting a good deal with this purchase. Turns out I wasn't.

Attachments

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
hello mate, the reg Top isn`t much to worry about ? it happens quite a lot with guys not paying attention when screwing the bottle into the oops of the gun, where they give quick tap to the outside of the oops unknowingly ? as long as it holds that "O" ring , it`s fine ?
and as for the corrosion marks around the neck, if anyone just leaves it in the boot of a car or a shed or anywhere that condensation sets in , this will happen ? give it a rub ? it`ll be fine,
send it to LIPS for a re-test, I`m sure it`ll be fine.

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
The dent at the end shouldn't be a real issue, should still seal up when in the ASA but those old style DXS regs are looooooong!
It's heavy weight brass or something so that should easily clean up as well

If you need a replacement bonnet, give me a shout, think I've an old spare knocking about

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
As said above the dent isn't really an issue, i've seen and used site bottles with chunks missing from the o ring retainer and they still sealed properly. If you find it doesn't seal you can file the metal to get rid of any protrusion (it's the o ring that makes the seal). As for being out of date, surely you knew that when you bought it.

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
Ahh interesting. I think I'm going to return it anyway. With it being out of date for 3 years and the reg being dented it doesn't seem worth it.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
depends what you paid for it ? if you got it at a silly price ? then yes it is worth it.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
I'd say at that price you got what you paid for, another £25 to get it tested and the jobs a good un. What did the sales description say about the condition of it and did you see pictures of it before you bought it, that dent could've been done during shipping.

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
There maybe a disclaimer from the testing company that they may damage your reg removing it for testing as well.

Hopefully not thought but a as Bod said, few quid more a bottle with a few years test ready to go could have been bought.