Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What will TonTon do?

Richiemonk

Jul 24, 2005
Norfolk
Was thinking,
The TonTons said that one of the reasons they didn't play world cup, aside waiting for an apology from PSP Events, was that they felt they didn't get the same level of back up from DYE as the other teams that had hot guns.

Might we see a major team Jump ship from Mr Youngblood over to the "other" major supplier of paintball equipment??

Hmmmm

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
I think they will stick with dye, even though they didnt get the backup they thought was appropriate. I reckon they will keep the contract so dye can say that they sponser one of the best ( if not the best ) european teams!

Richiemonk

Jul 24, 2005
Norfolk
I think they will stick with dye, even though they didnt get the backup they thought was appropriate. I reckon they will keep the contract so dye can say that they sponser one of the best ( if not the best ) european teams!
But will DYE want them? After all the team have given them bad press AND said they didn't receive the support they wanted...

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
thats the other MAJOR point which just completley undermined my arguement ;) but i think they will find a new sponser pretty damn quick if all goes to hell with dye

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
i think they will jump ship with JT possably, as you dont see many teams that are JT sponsered ( apart from XSV ) so it might a be little break through

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
if you look at the 2014 catalogue for Dye, Axel is in it. Obviously that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but given that his adds are simply him sitting on paint, and looking pretty in the new colours, it doesn't really suggest that Dye felt they HAD to keep him in it. More they chose to. Yes, if you watch the whole interview with Fabrice (I think it's him...) it does sound like he's pretty pissed at Dye, but whether or not we'll actually see TonTons move away from their main sponsor for at least the last 3/4 years, is something which I don't think anyone can really predict! In my opinion of course :p

Also, if you read VFTDs blog on World Cup, apparently Fabrice was playing World Cup with Red Storm (formerly Grad Moscow), so whether or not this probation thing and the whole "We're not playing until you apologize!" actually means anything or not, is another thing to ponder :)

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
Holy Hell. This is a tad off topic, but it plays into the whole Dye sponsorship thing so I hope it's okay to post this here... But from what Bacca has posted on his VFTD blog (again, I hope it's okay that I'm posting this, please delete if not!)
Finally, rumor out of Euroland is suggesting that Nexus is finished. Restructuring of the Dye presence in Euroland has cost a few jobs and word is the team has had their sponsorship pulled--or were informed it won't be renewed for next season. Mr. C also says that rumor has it a couple of Nexus players have been shopping their services but so far the asking price is too high.