Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What would you do if a team mate is shot?

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
Just to put this straight I'm not in a team i'm refering to a team as a group of people that have been put together for that days paintballing.

I've told a couple of people on my own team that they have been shot (saw it with my own eyes) and they have just carried on playing saying it was off a barricade/inflatable or they have just ignored me altogether and just ran off wiping it off as they run\slide.

:confused::confused::confused:

Sir Mike

of Smeg.
Aug 7, 2011
Worcester
Being a rec/woodsball player (for now) things can get a little confused but I've never seen a "hit" happen to a teammate with my own eyes but we are all honest.
If we get hit we always call to, or pat on the shoulder, whoever is closest and say/ask "I'm hit but am I dead?" and get them to quickly check us over (our area is either warm or humid most times so pb's are notorious for not popping). Responses are normally "still in!" or "aww f*** mate!" in which case we know to start walking.

My best friend, being of the bulky sort, has me check him about 5-6 times per game because he keeps getting hit in the chest but can't look down because of the mask. After the 3rd time when I tell him he's still in he starts cussing because of the pain it's causing him. I keep telling him he shouldn't be so squishy! :D

If I see cheaters on their team though, I will light them up until either a ref notices or that penultimate ball causes them to have had enough. Bear in mind I never 'light people up' at any other time. Only when they are cheating. If I see one of my own team cheating (people I don't know so well with an obvious paint splat on them) I do a Sgt Barnes from Platoon and stride through the gunfire, swearing the whole way, to clap 'em round the head and tell them to sod off. You'd be surprised how many times I've done that and not got hit in the process.

Anglian Pro

Sep 9, 2011
England
Just to put this straight I'm not in a team i'm refering to a team as a group of people that have been put together for that days paintballing.

What would you do if a team mate got shot while playing? sup\woodsball\so on...

1. Tell him he's been shot and make sure he goes off
2. Tell him he's been shot hoping he will wipe\rub\slide it off
3. Tell him he's been shot then ignore it
4. Ignore it all together

The reason i'm asking this it's because I’ve seen this allot in the last year at different sites.

I've told a couple of people on my own team that they have been shot (saw it with my own eyes) and they have just carried on playing saying it was off a barricade/inflatable or they have just ignored me altogether and just ran off wiping it off as they run\slide.

Answer honestly as I’ve seen all of the above done many time while playing and while watching from the side lines.
If anything I've learnt that it depends on the player.
If he's a regular, he's got his own kit and I know him I'll let him know, and as a paintball lover he'll respect the rules and leave.

However, chances are a large percentage of the people playing that day is their first time, they don't love paintball, they're there with a friend, or just trying it out, they won't respect the rules or care for the people who enjoy it, just like me, I hate football, but if my friends start playing it, I'll tackle everyone, I'll constantly be offside or whatever, the rules don't matter, it's the overall goal that matters to me, get the ball in the goal, same with them at paintball, shoot people.

Like last month, we got flanked by a couple of first-timers who actually left the actual site and came around behind us and shot us, they'd never been before and had no intention of returning, they were just there with a friend for a b-day party event.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
If anything I've learnt that it depends on the player.
If he's a regular, he's got his own kit and I know him I'll let him know, and as a paintball lover he'll respect the rules and leave.
This is brilliant... But I wish it was like that in real life.