Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What would you do if a team mate is shot?

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
I will be honest and admit that I play to the ref's. If my team mate happens to be shot thats upto him to call himself out, if im hit then i 99% of the time i go (unless its on my pack or directly on middle of my hopper where i wont see it). There is not a team OR player out there that has not cheated atleast once and if u say you havn't then your a liar... simples.

Reactions: Pebbles and Donk

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
(playing devils advocate here)

Ok those who cheat 99% of the time, why do they not get caught? and if they are cheating they get an unfair advantage over you, so if ur team mate can get away with cheating why stop him?

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
Any team I have ever player for has always had either a for or against cheating policy & the captain has always outlined what you are or are not to do with grey area hits before we stepped on a field... :whistle:

Reactions: Game

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
If it was me who got shot i would call my self out unless i cant see it or did not feel the hit.
Never going to get better if you start to cheat :p
I personally agree I leave if ive been hit as i know how much it winds me up the other way around.

However since no one has tried to counter my argument for cheating (again playing devils advocate here, I DO NOT condone cheating). Why should you call yourself out if u get say on the fingers, the marshal does not see and u can wipe on the bunker making it look like bunker rub? as someone people are saying that most people cheat then why give urself an unfair advantage of playing fair :) ?

What im trying to get at is people are going to cheat until either the rules are changed to allow it ( which isnt going to happen as that defeats the object of playing paintball) or secondly get stricter on it. There is a policy at all sites that barrel socks and masks must be worn/used at appropriate times, if u are caught without its generally a final warning next time your gone. I think that players should be issued with a two strike rule, caught cheating once at an event final warning. Caught again your gone.

Simple?

Reactions: vanquishuk

vanquishuk

Team Apocalypse
I dont know if i fully agree about banning someone from a tournament, i dont think that will be the best way to do it. What i like is how the PSP is dealing with penaltys by having to stay in the breakout box a couple of minutes. By doing this i think the player will learn as he is letting his team down in a number of the rounds (depending on the length of the penalty) also when they get out of the box they get shot anyway so i think thats a better way of doing it than just banning someone or banning a team.
The sites need to keep making money so this way they will.
Or people can just get out and not cheat and play fair but thats never going to happen...good example was at the last masters.
Kind of gone off topic a bit but covering cheating in general.

Last edited:

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
I've only really played woodsball and at the site I used to play at there was a mix of walkons and rental guys. I my experiance the walkon guys would walk after getting a hit or being told they had been hit, however rental guys sometimes had to be "persuaded" that it was time to leave the field. As someone has already said, occasional / rental players are just there for the day and I would say want to play in all the games for as long as possible and therefore getting the maximum value from their day. The site always had enough marshalls and they did a good job of getting hit players off the field and did use the threat of missing the next game as a method of enforcing the rules. They also used the same threat to the walkon guys about lighting up players.

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
Why should you call yourself out if u get say on the fingers, the marshal does not see and u can wipe on the bunker making it look like bunker rub
Because its cheating...

What other counter to that argument do you need?

Reactions: Henry.B