Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What's happened to UK paintball?

Gadgets

Aug 1, 2006
Hi,

I've been out of the game since 2011 (last game I played was CtD2 actually), but I remember around then all the forums like p8ntballer and UKS being very active. I'm looking to start balling again but most of the places I used to look to see what's going on seem a bit dead. Is there any glaring reason for this that I might have missed, or is it just me and has nothing actually changed?

Cheers,

Tom

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
UK paintball is still going strong

People move to Facebook and there are loads of groups on this or that specific interest
Facebook gives instant gratification, but constant repetition.
Forums have their fair share of repetition, but the structure remains solid for good information to be held

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Paintball, like most of the internet, seems to have mOved over to the vacuous, get rich quick, environment of facef&@k, it's still alive and kicking, just full of inanane fools how swear their game is best, sorry folks I'm wasted
And probably shouldn't post at this level of inhibrihation.

Reactions: Alansonit and RST

Gadgets

Aug 1, 2006
Ah, that makes sense I guess, that paintball seems to have followed every other interest group onto Facebook. Thanks for the info, I'll check out the big games for the year, but braveheart looks good, spc is close to home.

Cheers,

Tom

Jon S

London Faction
Sep 22, 2003
London
www.jaysto.com
Facebook pretty much is my living and I can't stand it as a discussion system, it's just so broken and unsuitable for threads.

But no matter, someone will get their knickers in a twist so we can get yet another splinter group and yet another place to see the same discussions and the same kit for sale and the same drama and the same petty squables every ****ing day after day after day.

God damn you, Facebook.

Apr 18, 2006
Facebook doesn't work as well as forums, you lose threads and conversations so easily and spend so much time trawling things that are of no interest or relevance...! Having a Facebook page for announcements works, but for day to day chats about paint balling you need a forum...!

Sharpe_95

Mar 16, 2011
I sympathise, I can't stand Facebook.

That said, I have been looking for sites that do walk ons in and around reading and of 7 sites, only one does. A few of them told me there is no market for walk ons and thus dont cater for it. Another site said they used too but activity fell of a cliff in 2012 - seemed to think that a combination of people moving on in the world and airsoft were to blame.

-Although you can't blame FB for that (assuming it's true).

-Sharpe

Last edited: