Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

where do y'all train away from the field?

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
bit of a spin off thread but i thought it deserved a new one.

reading the thread about practice drills alone, it got me thinking that you have some interesting drills you try out when you have boxes of paint lying around at home.

question is, where do you do your drills? in the garden? random open fields?

personally i have a gully behind my garage about 150metres long and 15-20 metres wide so i'll set up things like bricks or tyres (easy obstacles to move if a car comes by) its very open, so noise is kept low, and it isnt used often during the day, usually 6pm-ish 8am-ish.

now the problem i have sometimes is like i say, cars coming to their garages, generally the possibility of the public coming near. so i set up the drills towards the empty end, shooting away from where the cars enter the gully with tall walls and thick trees surrounding this end so any stray balls wont be dangerous.

apart from this gully, there are few places near me where i would say its safe to practice and not piss off the locals. my garden is fairly long, but my dad would kill me if i even dreamt about trying it there.

so lemme know, maybe you'll give me some ideas as to where i can be practicing safely and away from the public.

Theldren

Oct 6, 2002
UK
Not a good idea matey ..

You ain't allowed to fire a paintball marker within 100yrds(? - something like that) of a residential area, plus the garage area just isn't safe. What if some kids show up to watch? Or that stuff that is stopping stray balls doesn't?

Also as le-pig said 'armed police'

There aren't many place you can do it, espcally in a city. You don't need to use paint to do training, you can do stuff like off-hand shooting, playing tight (use a mirror), physical exercise .. all without paint.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Not a good idea matey ..

-Definately not a good idea!!!

You ain't allowed to fire a paintball marker within 100yrds(? - something like that) of a residential area, plus the garage area just isn't safe. What if some kids show up to watch? Or that stuff that is stopping stray balls doesn't?

-50 feet from the centre of the Queens Highway...not where it may be a public nuisance.

Also as le-pig said 'armed police'

-It wouldnt be the first time an unarmed person has been shot dead!

There aren't many place you can do it, espcally in a city. You don't need to use paint to do training, you can do stuff like off-hand shooting, playing tight (use a mirror), physical exercise .. all without paint.

What you need to remember is:
-Do you own the land? ---Im guessing no, so you cant fire your marker there, or take it anywhere near a "public place" without a suitable cover, so that it cannot be fired.

-Does the person who owns the land, give you perimission to be there?---Again, im guessing NO, so you cant be there...Infact its Armed Tresspass!

Behave...if we all went training where we liked Paintball would be finished in this country within a month.

As for your Dad..have you asked him? Does he understand what its all about and that you need to practice? Im sure he would prefer to help you out with somewhere to train, than have to BAIL YOU OUT from the local nick, or be responsible for your actions if someone were to get hurt..how old are you?

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Local field dude. Or even better the mirror.

1) you dont need paint to know how your snapping.
2) you aint gonna get bolloxed if all goes tits up in the streets
3) you wont be seen as a prat, well only by your family :D
4) and its SAFE!

Wouldnt like to see ya gun get stolen outside from typical scum bags!

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
As ma man Skeet says u dont need paint. I got my marker in my hand for at the very least about an hour everyday. I practice off hand shootin which has took me soooo long to get but eventually i ve got it, i practice my snap shooting in a mirror and stuff like shootin from certain positions etc, staying tight.
I take my marker out to my bak garden and practice getting my gun up off the break and runnin while shooting (even though i have no paint) but hey it all helps ;)

Practice practice practice practice

Mak Dad
:cool: