Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where do YOU lay your hat? (aka which is your favourite bunker?)

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Just been thinking about some field layouts and team breakout options and it made me think about where i prefer to go off the bat...:rolleyes:

Nice, big, red coke cans! :D Either laydowns or standups - midway up the field. In turn, this made me think about bunkers i don't like!

So, as well as which bunkers you prefer to cower behind as those high-speed high speed objects of pain whistle past your ears, i have a question...

HOW DO YOU PLAY A WINGNUT?

Everytime i walk onto a field and see those horrible little stubby bunkers i discount them immediately. I don't like **** that limits my game...:mad:

But i don't think that it's just me!?

(Oh, and as Robbo's always going on about people increasing their game rather than their gear i fully expect a reply from him:D )

SYTRAXZ

Sytraxz Graphics inc.
Feb 18, 2002
New York
wtf

wtf is a wingnut!?? yeah i like those cokecan shaped ones.... rather dislike those cone shaped ones... now the ones chapes like darito's 3Ds i wont go near those things no more... actually i dont like inflatible feilds that much. i like the ply wood and log feilds better. no round edges. any suggestions for me aswell on how to play better?

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Well, any tips on playing wingnuts...?

Please?

Pretty please?

With a cherry on top?

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Play tight as hell, wouldnt recommend using it if your a back player though. There quite hard to look over all the field, and fairly easy to get bunkered or shot out of them.
However it all depends on where they are on the field, personally i prefer good old lay-downs, or stand-up coke cans for back, for front i like to use Snakes, or sub's depending on who i have left behind me.

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Ok! So, that's two players who don't like them and one who doesn't even know what it is.

On most of the fields that i have seen them on, they are on the 25 either side of the midpoint... As i'm not fast enough for the front or fat enough for the back (yet) i tend to end up in the middle but cos i don't feel that there is enough cover in a wingnut so i usually severely restrict my options!:mad:

Any particular techniques gratefully received...

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
What do you call a wingnut?

Check the angles for incoming paint (pretty general).
Anyway if its some kind of a low bunker, work your joints (legs, ancle). Expect some awkward muscle pain on your back. Try and sit as comfy as you possibly can.:(
If its giving you more trouble than your opponent, then study all the silly lie downs you can come up with.:D Keep your gun at the ready at all times.:eek:
Sorry man, it ain't easy.:rolleyes:

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
Joao Duro: What do you call a wingnut?

They are the bunkers that look like wingnuts...

At my field they are blue (I'm going to guess that the color will vary) They look like half of a coke can (standup) with to a vertical "wing" (wing nut, get it?) that sticks out on two sides (opposit)

As for playing them alot depends on where on the field they are and the size of the person playing them. I'm 6 foot 5 inch (195.58 cm) and I have a hell of a time playing them unless they are on a tape line. I have used them with great success when the field was set right but I have also been bunkered to with in an inch of my life (many many many close shots to the head, back, and side all at once).

any advice will be subjective. The best I can say is stay tight and have your back men give cover fire. But then thats pretty standard fare. Sorry I coulden't be of more help.

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Mmmmmmmm..

..coke cans.

I'll play anything I can squeeze my skinny lil' ass into but being back/mid centre I just love to post myself in a nice big coke can, stood up or lying down I don't really mind. I can see all and call all and shoot at everyone on the field and get my lil' troop of K2 killers to whupp your monkey asses outta your bunkers.

Ahem, sorry about that I do get carried away sometimes.:D

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
Originally posted by jynxfactor
[
At my field they are blue (I'm going to guess that the color will vary) They look like half of a coke can (standup) with to a vertical "wing" (wing nut, get it?) that sticks out on two sides (opposit)
[/B]
Got it.
Another name for that thing.:p
I tend to tuck myself in as much as i can. It ain't to high and not exactly too long to lie along as in a snake or a fell down cone. Watch your head and hopper, don't stick them too high. If the guys on the other tape side don't have an angle in on you, start putting some distance between yourself and the wingnut. You'll have more space and still be tight behind it.
Just some ideas:cool: